Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel's Offenses are no joke...I will say that about the dude.

OU co-OC/QBs coach:
2011 - 39.5 ppg
2012 - 38.2 ppg
2013 - 32.8 ppg
2014 - 36.4 ppg

Utah State OC:
2015 - 29.0 ppg

Mizzou OC:
2016 - 31.4 ppg
2017 - 37.5 ppg

UCF HC:
2018 - 43.2 ppg
2019 - 43.4 ppg
2020 - 42.2 ppg
Give that man a defensive coordinator and see what happens.

If we held a fan poll of the top 10 coaches to hire (coaches within reason) I'm 100% confident we would make a better choice than the people in charge. In fact, had we started years ago, we wouldn't be in the hole we are in now.

I still don't believe it's Heupel... but if it is, it's just another reason in a long line of why this fan base is pissed. How many times do high caliber, quality coaches have to be dangling in our face for our administration to walk past the top 10 choices to get to their bargain bin hire?

I'm not even saying Heupel is bad... he's probably a great coach...... but WTF. You pass up Campbell, Freeze, Herman, Kiffin, Chadwell, Elliot, Fickell, Franklin.... For Heupel?! This is the guy that's going to bring us out of this chasm we are in?

The fans have been trying to get a winner in here since Dooley. The fans would not have hired Dooley; the fans would not have hired Butch; the fans would not have botched a coaching search just to end up with Pruitt. We certainly would not have extended him in a COVID year and then tattled on ourselves and shot our own foot to get him fired for cause so we wouldn't have to pay him just so we could use all that money we saved from our previous failures to go hire Josh Heupel.

Quit labeling this fandom as toxic just because we demand excellence on par with our passion.

We aren't the ones who failed Tennessee.

Offensive staff looks like it’ll be:
OC: Lebby
RB: Graham (if we can keep him from Alabama)
WR: Osovet
TE and CO-OC: Alex Golesh
OL: Glen Elarbee
I went to high school with Elarbee in Carrollton, GA. His mom was a teacher at our high school and later I ended up working with his Dad at Delta.

I wouldn’t be so angry if we didn’t have someone sayin his dreams were coming true by turning in violations to get rid of Fulmer/Pruitt and that’s it’s all part of the master plan. Then we hear it’s all going as planned we have been working this for weeks prior and don’t worry guys I’m over the moon. Blank check homies money never an issue again. Like we are about to announce King Kong and then we got a chimpanzee instead.

Otherwise I would be the optimist that pairing Heupel and Steele might actually work. Inwouldnt even have been as mad if we paid buyout then hired him. Instead I feel duped and really upset we screwed ourselves with NCAA by being snitches
poetic

We can? Who? They’re not hiring Kiffin or Freeze. Forget them.

They offered Franklin 8 mil a year!! 8 mil! He said no. Fickell and Campbell wouldn’t even answer the phone! Gus told us not to bother calling him.

Maybe Chadwell is better, idk, but for some reason our AD doesn’t believe in him.

Damn I didn't realize you were an insider, how'd you get all this verified info that you can prove?????

No way DW came here to hire a coach he’s hired once.
Unless he thinks the coach he already hired once is a good coach?

White has a strong track record of hiring good coaches. He’s hiring a coach he’s seen up close and personal for the last 3 years. It might be that he knows he’s a good coach, therefore he’s hiring him instead of some up and coming coordinator (Tony Elliot) or coach at a lower level (Chadwell, etc.).

Heupel may have us winning 7-8 games a year but he’s not a championship level hire. Fitting for UT I guess. Maybe offense will keep us in games. Not thrilled.

Reactions: Scvol7906
I usually agree with most of you all, but I’m actually pretty surprised at the majority response to Heupel. Especially with Lebby and Steele/Odom possibility... that would be more than just ok. That would be a great combo. Plus Heupel has been in the SEC before and did very well at Missouri. He’s not the sexy name but I’d about guarantee he’d have us back in the top half of the SEC again if not better with his ability to put points on the board. It’s like Kiffin without the baggage.

If the Defense has Odom, Steele and maybe Garner that would be an excellent defensive staff for starters. Add Lebby (maybe keep Graham) then the offense is looking solid too.

Maybe we can make this work. We NEED this to work. Go Vols!

I wouldn’t be so angry if we didn’t have someone sayin his dreams were coming true by turning in violations to get rid of Fulmer/Pruitt and that’s it’s all part of the master plan. Then we hear it’s all going as planned we have been working this for weeks prior and don’t worry guys I’m over the moon. Blank check homies money never an issue again. Like we are about to announce King Kong and then we got a chimpanzee instead.

Otherwise I would be the optimist that pairing Heupel and Steele might actually work. Inwouldnt even have been as mad if we paid buyout then hired him. Instead I feel duped and really upset we screwed ourselves with NCAA by being snitches

Pathetic.

**** everyone for saying the fans are over-reacting. Our dumbass “leadership” set the program aflame trying to fire JP for cause to save a few million. Now we have a serious looming investigation which makes our program even worse.

Then paying 2 million for an AD to conduct a search to hire a coach from his old program who inherited an elite program and is letting it crumble.

There’s nothing good about this. The entire program is complete ****
It's going to take some work to rebuild our brand. We are a laughing stock. I hope Danny White is as good as advertised at giving coaches what they need. And I hope we hire some elite recruiters...

Already, some of you are talking yourselves into Heupel being a great hire just like you did with Pruitt.

We could have hired a crappy AD and he could have made the same hire but for less money.

Hilarious.
It’s not a great hire. At least for now. Have to find some silver linings and hope for the best. I can’t un-fan myself of something I’ve spent my whole life following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back