Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me first start by saying I like many of you feel underwhelmed. While I always knew this was a tough sell to the right coaches, I held out hope that a new AD could shift the perception enough to land a quality head coach.

I think it's obvious to anyone with any awareness we struck out on quite a few candidates before landing where we did. I'll give White credit, he kept the misses discreet and it out the public eye as well as anyone could.

We must take a deep breath push past the initial disappointment, and get behind the hire. He is signing on to a very difficult situation many others didn't want. I hope he can keep what team we have together and close with a few of the instate kids this cycle. We have to pull in the same direction, get on or get out of the way. It's the direction we're going like it or not

Last edited:
Still don’t like how this looks for DW, DP & RB. Also have serious questions about JH and his ability to recruit in the SEC. But IF the coaching staff is credible and experienced, this will be much better than Pruitt. Just not what I expected. And it’s going to be a really hard sell from the top given the expectations they set. Their credibility is shot.

And if this is all misdirection, I’ll take all of this back. LOL

No. They scored less points the last 3 years than they did the year before Frost left.

They also went from 13 wins to 6
I think I just read he’s been too 6 in the nation in scoring the last 3 seasons. If that’s true, it’s pretty amazing... especially paired with what he did at mizzou

I wouldn’t be so angry if we didn’t have someone sayin his dreams were coming true by turning in violations to get rid of Fulmer/Pruitt and that’s it’s all part of the master plan. Then we hear it’s all going as planned we have been working this for weeks prior and don’t worry guys I’m over the moon. Blank check homies money never an issue again. Like we are about to announce King Kong and then we got a chimpanzee instead.

Otherwise I would be the optimist that pairing Heupel and Steele might actually work. Inwouldnt even have been as mad if we paid buyout then hired him. Instead I feel duped and really upset we screwed ourselves with NCAA by being snitches

Like I said earlier, the expectations that got laid out really set us up for a huge letdown.

Still don’t like how this looks for DW, DP & RB. Also have serious questions about JH and his ability to recruit in the SEC. But IF the coaching staff is credible and experienced, this will be much better than Pruitt. Just not what I expected. And it’s going to be a really hard sell from the top given the expectations they set. Their credibility is shot.

And if this is all misdirection, I’ll take all of this back. LOL
I’m glad we will finally be able to put up points. Our lack of offense the past few years has been unbearable

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
I wouldn’t be so angry if we didn’t have someone sayin his dreams were coming true by turning in violations to get rid of Fulmer/Pruitt and that’s it’s all part of the master plan. Then we hear it’s all going as planned we have been working this for weeks prior and don’t worry guys I’m over the moon. Blank check homies money never an issue again. Like we are about to announce King Kong and then we got a chimpanzee instead.

Otherwise I would be the optimist that pairing Heupel and Steele might actually work. Inwouldnt even have been as mad if we paid buyout then hired him. Instead I feel duped and really upset we screwed ourselves with NCAA by being snitches

Yeah we were lead to believe that we were going to "swing for the fences" "money isn't a issue." We are all waiting on a big hire and then we fined out that we get a coach from UCF and pay for his buy 4 mil buy out. Now we will be stuck with him for 5 yrs. So disappointing, Such a let down.

Reactions: JayHud
Not completely buying until it comes from somewhere besides Volquest.
It has come from numerous outlets at this point. Ryan Callahan just pretty much confirmed it as well.

"I'm not prepared to say that UCF coach Josh Heupel will be hired as Tennessee's next football coach, but I feel pretty confident in saying he is the leading candidate for the job, based on everything I've heard so far tonight. New Tennessee AD Danny White has apparently had smoke screens in some of his searches in the past, so I guess we can't rule out anything just yet. But I think this is legitimate, and right now everything is trending toward Heupel being the hire."

I usually agree with most of you all, but I’m actually pretty surprised at the majority response to Heupel. Especially with Lebby and Steele/Odom possibility... that would be more than just ok. That would be a great combo. Plus Heupel has been in the SEC before and did very well at Missouri. He’s not the sexy name but I’d about guarantee he’d have us back in the top half of the SEC again if not better with his ability to put points on the board. It’s like Kiffin without the baggage.

For as much grief as Bruin gets, if this holds up he has been feeling this way since early December.

We can? Who? They’re not hiring Kiffin or Freeze. Forget them.

They offered Franklin 8 mil a year!! 8 mil! He said no. Fickell and Campbell wouldn’t even answer the phone! Gus told us not to bother calling him.

Maybe Chadwell is better, idk, but for some reason our AD doesn’t believe in him.

Well that’s the problem right? Won’t give Freeze or Kiffin a chance. They are objectively more experienced and more than likely better coaches. Now he has good reasons not to hire them, but to say better coaches wouldn’t take the job isn’t true.

Reactions: 99grad
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back