Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true (and it sounds like it is) that nobody of stature will touch this program with a ten foot pole, what does an AD do?
Not sure, and if that is the case D White just diminished his rep by taking this job, maybe this was a challenge he wasn't quite prepared for?

I always kind of felt if we couldn't get on base with a decent coach we would have to develop our own or use this hire as a bridge to the next search. This is just really out of left field and I feel there are a number of obviously better hires that could be made. Hopefully White is as advertised.

Lets just have some fun for a second. So, the top choice was Franklin (puke)- the floor is Heupel( humor me that he isn't the hire). Whats in the middle?
Freeze, Kiffin, Chadwell are out

e61b1a70f2f28c578ab92a6ffc4aac30.jpg
She’s awful young!

While Heupel would not be what we all wanted, if it’s his I won’t be crying over it. I’m going to support him and the players. We’ve all thought that former coaches were the answer and we were wrong.

We’ve got to join together as a fan base and rally to show support. We’ve been fed a turd sandwich without the bread for years. The truth is whoever is hired is going to have a tough go of it for a few years to say the least.

God bless Volnation.

I’ll happily eat crow, but I’m not buying any of this. No Executive says the things DP & RB said just to let their new Home Run hire practice cronyism. This smells funny and if true reflects panic, unprofessional behavior and laziness. Think about it. They cannot stand in front of a camera and sell this hire with a straight face. I just don’t believe it’s anything more than misdirection at this point. Otherwise, DP, RB & DW will never have any credibility ever again. I just don’t think they’d risk that.

I'm just tired of of the over-promising and under-delivering. Why even set criteria if you don't even come close to delivering on it? Heupel might be okay, IF he is indeed the hire, but we were promised better by our so-called leaders. They failed if Heupel IS the hire. You can't argue around that. They set the criteria. It wasn't the fans.
“Best decade In Tennessee athletics starts now.”

Freeze would have took this job the moment we offered him and we didn’t make the move. Why? Over some hookers and money during his time at Ole Miss?

That’s a very poor excuse for not going after a good coach.

While Liberty is in the Top 25 next year, we’re going to be struggling with Kentucky and Arkansas under Heupel.

Embarrassing.
Why didn't we try to get the Coastal Carolina coach? :-/

Some of you would bitch like a child if they trotted Jesus up there. You want to be mad about the hire, go for it, but let me not be completely crushed about something I cant control nor am I qualified to really have a professional opinon about.
At least we would win with Jesus as head coach.........

EXACTLY... That's what got us here, Phil and Pruitt just put the cherry on top..

Pray AD White is the strong leader that is needed to fight the idiots off, guide this place in the right direction AND doesn't get run off before th job is complete...

He hasn't been on the job a week. Cut the guy some slack and give him a little support.
Sadly, he will take the brunt of undelivered promises made by his bosses. But, I'm sure that 1,8 mil salary came with high expectations that a Josh Heupel hire wouldn't meet.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back