Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perception of his character is there only in Knoxville, Tn. It isn’t anywhere else. The folks at Vandy still love the guy. Penn State wouldn’t have touched him with a 10’ pole if that perception was there. Ask a Middle Tn high school coach what they think of him. That perception isn’t there. The only reason he has that perception in Knoxville is because he whipped our ass. At Vandy. It’s about hard to find a coach who hasn’t whipped out ass lately.
I'm talking about anyone else's perception other than ours. Whatever other places think has no bearing on who is hired here. What Vandy and Penn State think matters not to us.

Portland was a really cool place when I moved there in 2005. Small city, Very local, good food, great coffee. It started to really change around 2010 with massive growth of people getting out of California and Washington. Glad i got out but do miss what it once was.

It might be a cool city but very liberal too. Also you have to understand the Hispanic culture especially Cubans. They are huge on family and family means more than any amount of money in the world. I just personally can't see Mario and his wife being happy with two kids and so far away from his parents and family in Miami with no culture the same as him in Oregon. At least in Knoxville, he has "CubanBerg" right around the corner to fill at home. Lol That's a inside joke in Miami what they call Gatlinburg now. The Cubans love Gatlinburg and that's all my Cubans friends talk about every time they go and how much they love Tennessee.

He would be a perfect fit and he is clean as a whistle too and an outstanding man. He knows the south and recruiting expectations and would put together a great staff too I have no doubt. I'm surprised Miami didn't hire him since he is an alumni but Manny Diaz is doing a good job down there in Miami putting that mess of a program back together too.

Your schtick is old. It was effective maybe the first 100 times you posted this. Maybe screen shot an actual article with facts (Franklin has had no charges levied against him) instead of a snippet of a site that can be manipulated by anyone
Are you serious? That is exactly what happened.

i’m pulling for either Campbell or Cristobal. 1a and 1b.

After that I would not be disappointed with Fickell or Herman.

If none of those accept, I would go with Fleck, Satterfield, or Elliott in no particular order.

If we are in the realm of beyond belief, I would go with Lincoln Reilly. I think he actually has the most upside of any current coach. He clearly has offensive chops but I think he understands that he needs a modern defensive program and has been willing to invest in it. he Will be playing for championships for a long, long time to come.

Bottom line on Franklin is he wouldn’t be employed by Penn St if all the allegations against him were true. Really wouldn’t be hireable in cfb if that was the case.

I’m not saying he’s a saint but if he had his Vandy run at a place like NW, I don’t think he would give UT fans as much heartburn as he does now. The fact is that he kicked our tails for the most part at Vandy while we were in the wilderness (still are). He’s cocky and comes off as an ******* when he’s on the other sideline, but that’s what makes him a good coach. Players play hard for him and he gets everything out of his roster.

I think he would do great here. Fans would come around quickly too once he started wearing orange, embracing our traditions, pulling in recruits, and especially winning games. I know others will disagree, but this is my opinion.

Alright so Franklin didn't cover up rape. But he did cause it because.. culture.

Man. VN wild. I'm telling you guys you do not want to be known as the fan base that always falsely rape whistles their football coaching candidates. But that is just my totally unbiased, no dog in this fight opinion. Don't @ me bro.

I was raised to be a pretty good human being.

Sure, I’ve made some dumb mistakes during my lifetime but rape was something that always bothered me.

A helpless woman/man being forced into actions they don’t want to do is extremely cruel.

I’m extremely aware that Franklin didn’t physically have anything to do with it. That’s not the point.

I think he’s a pretty great coach but it’s clear as day he known about the situation or else he wouldn’t have changed his story to inform his players.

Tennessee is the team I love watching on Saturdays. The players busting their butts during practice then game time is something I can respect.

If Franklin is Danny White’s hire then so be it. I don’t have to like it but I won’t force my personal agenda on others who are ok with the hire. Just don’t expect me to change my mind about the guy because it’ll never happen.

No more arguing over it.

Herman is our best choice IMO... Bass, you still stalking the building, or give up for the night?
I like Herman but not comfortable with the reports that his current players were telling potential recruits not to go to Texas. First of all , 1) are the reports true and 2) was Herman’s relationships with his current players rocky for some reason. Question for anyone who has thoughts on the issue?

I was raised to be a pretty good human being.

Sure, I’ve made some dumb mistakes during my lifetime but rape was something that always bothered me.

A helpless woman/man being forced into actions they don’t want to do is extremely cruel.

I’m extremely aware that Franklin didn’t physically have anything to do with it. That’s not the point.

I think he’s a pretty great coach but it’s clear as day he known about the situation or else he wouldn’t have changed his story to inform his players.

Tennessee is the team I love watching on Saturdays. The players busting their butts during practice then game time is something I can respect.

If Franklin is Danny White’s hire then so be it. I don’t have to like it but I won’t force my personal agenda on others who are ok with the hire. Just don’t expect me to change my mind about the guy because it’ll never happen.

No more arguing over it.

He didn't create a culture of rape there. It was just four awful people
That is where we disagree...I think he did. He is responsible for that culture. You can make excuse for it if you want. I hope that if something like that happened here everyone with any morals would want him fired immediately. That wasn't a gray area he said/she said incident..that was a horror show.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back