Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Teir: Campbell, Fickell, Franklin

Fallbacks: Elliot, Herman, Malzhan

That's how I see it.

Kiffin should honestly be the main fallback if the top 3 say no, but I guess we still holding a stupid grudge.
Sounds like you need to put Mario somewhere on that list. My guess is near the top but you do you.

Reactions: volfan1631 and UTK
I think you can love a team while not liking a coach. Who do you watch on Saturdays? The team and the players out there giving their all for Tennessee, or the coach? I'm always gonna be a Tennessee Vol. Hiring a coach I don't like won't change that.
I understand fully and respect your take.

Reactions: Sleegro
Anybody not named Franklin, and it has nothing to do with coaching ability. Tennessee would probably win a lot of games. Hate me if you want, call me what you want...but I don't want a guy that fostered such a rotten entitled culture that something like that was able to happen...he sickens me.

Look..I wanna win as much as anybody, and giving players illegal benefits means nothing to me...every program worth a damn does tba...but that Vanderbilt horror show is the product of James Franklin.

I cannot and will not get behind him..

No disrespect...I haven’t read up on the allegations enough to have an opinion. I guess I have to just trust our judicial system.

I don’t like Franklin for other reasons. Pretty obvious the guy is an a$$hole and I remember him constantly crapping on TN. But when they start throwing out names like Sonny Dykes and Kevin Steele I realize beggars can’t be choosers.

What would everyone’s reaction be if DW hired Tom Herman? I know some of you are not on board, but I think a lot would be ecstatic. Just curious

Not a bad option. Honestly, if he were still at TX, he would be in the discussion, but because he was just fired, he seems to be forgotten. I think that Texas is a place that is hard to win out right now, at least to the degree that people expect. Yes they have resources beyond belief, but in many ways it has been a lot like our resources. Everybody seems to be rowing in different directions. The AD is spineless and frankly just a puppet. It must be a hard place to coach.

Preach. None of his allegations have stuck besides the trash the professional litigators of volnation have thrown at him. Hell I’d take his win % the last two seasons at Vandy for the foreseeable future. 9 win seasons sound so nice right now
Win at all cost...amirite? Wonder how the Vanderbilt administration feels about that?

Screenshot_20210125-055724_Google.jpg

The VQ guys obviously got some sort of leak. They’re not just “making this all up” as some people want you to believe.
Their source could simply be someone from Franklin’s camp (agent or friend) who just wants to keep James‘ name out there. Or, Franklin simply trolling UT via an intermediary. Lots of agendas at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back