Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.

I have been and will continue to be all in. GBO

Doesn’t sound like it’s done with Franklin. I know many hate it, but he would win a lot here.
I don't care how much he wins here, and I don't care if Atlanta gets on here and tells us how great a hire it is and how we have to get behind it..blah blah blah....this right here....is what the great James Franklin built at Vandy...that program under him was a real "Beacon of Integrity"
Screenshot_20210125-055724_Google.jpg

Last edited:
If Fleck got a whale offer he would be packing all his corny ass slogans and walking that happy azz to Knoxville for a $7m offer. About the dumbest **** I’ve seen claiming he was a whale and said no
Think he makes close to 5 already at Minnesota. To come to a down job with incoming penalties? Tough call, but he's a midwest guy and probably waiting on a B1Gger job. Or as someone said, not a "fit". Oh well. Next...

The VQ guys obviously got some sort of leak. They’re not just “making this all up” as some people want you to believe.
Yes but it doesn’t mean it came from The AD & it’s been clearly said there’d be several vetted so it’s possible some that have been vetted leaked that but it doesn’t mean that actual offer was made to anyone

Money is not as big a deal as everyone here is making it out to be—people get hung up on the $8 million dollar number and if it were as simple as paying x or y coach the most money we would had any number of coaches. We would have Campbell, Fleck or any number of guys that are underpaid at their schools. It’s more of looking at the job, culture, and past history and deciding if its a winnable stable situation. All those coaches are wired differently.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
No idea, I’ll probably find out when you all do unless they announce on a Sunday evening.
People like to attack you when things don’t pan out as if you know nothing. The problem is things change. I know people also, but even they aren’t sure of anything going on. They may find out briefly before everyone else, but that’s it. Even if you know the people pulling the strings, you may know who they are going after, but that person can say no, flip flop, etc... there’s just no for sure thing until it’s done. Just because the tides change doesn’t mean someone’s faking knowing people.

I don't care how much he wins here, and I don't care if Atlanta gets on here and tells us how great a hire it is and how ee gave to get behind it..blah blah blah....this right here....is what the great James Franklin built at Vandy...that program under him was a real "Beacon of Integrity"
View attachment 344551
Yep
Having a hard time wanting/imagining cheering for this guy after this deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back