Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m about to lose my toys if I don’t say a couple of things: I have never been told the name of a coaching target. My friend does not represent the person who is the source of his information. That’s my disclaimer.
Personally, I’ll add two more things: I really don’t want to be the guy known for pulling the wrong string that unwinds the confidentiality in this thing. As I’ve said before, I’m not an insider. I won’t be “sharing” for years to come on topics where I don’t have value. Usually I’m just the snide guy who pokes holes in logic of others, and goes back to work.Look at my history. I don’t post insider information, because I’ve never had any. I don’t live my life on this forum, and I don’t plan to cash any e-cred checks anytime soon. I have a pretty clear indication that the booster who is sharing with my friend, is sharing with one other person on this board too, based on an evidence trail. I think that booster will be asked to be quiet this morning, and that’ll result in me knowing less, and knowing later.
The boosters know target one because he has been a target for weeks. They don’t know other names below that. I stand by everything I said yesterday, and have said in the past. Two candidates have been notified that they are finalists. One is in a back and forth as of last night. I know the key problem is the perception that the NCAA issues are reputational issues that damage the perception of the job. I don’t know that they can fix that with money or length of contract. Barring two strikeouts, I still believe they will be in a deal today. Yesterday my friend said they’d have a coach by midday. I know DW wants to tell team before anyone else. I know every local media person has been told to sit in a corner until there is news. While they will do a national release through regular channels, the national sources have not been told who the targets are. While we could have already closed this, or may very soon, it could take a few hours to be released. I crossed a line last night, and said too much. I said some details about a friend that were beyond what I should’ve shared. I’m not going to delete or change anything from those posts. It’s my mistake. It’s on the record with everything else. We are indeed in a negotiation with our top target. I feel rock solid about that. No matter what they say about the order of events, I’m confident that they made a big offer to a candidate that we’d normally perceive as not in our reach. I think we’ll all be happy if that closes. If not, key constituents believe in DW (and therefore the other finalist) whether the fans will or not. I still believe we’re near the finish line. I’m not going to guess coach names. I don’t know, but I know enough to cause trouble.
Just getting out of a long meeting. My friend confirmed we have reached terms with our next coach, as he predicted. I don’t think I’ll get more until it’s released, but am trying.

Guys, Stoerner has already stated we have hired one of our first 2 options. Everything will be ok. Remember the parameters set by White and realize we are likely getting a top shelf coach.

Someone tell me why we don’t like Sonny Dykes again?

He’s a good coach. Great offensive mind. Program builder. It didn’t work out for him at Cal, but nobody wins there. And it’s not like he failed spectacularly, they were just mediocre.

We could do far worse than him imo. I’d take someone w his experience over Elliott, given the current circumstances of our job. Although Elliott may have a higher ceiling, his floor would be considerably lower.

Dykes floor would be explosive offense and shaky D, 7-5 type seasons. Problem is his ceiling prob is below playoff contender.

Reactions: Sleegro
How can we prove you wrong. No one knows who our top choices are or where we are in the search. The AD has officially been on the clock for 1.5 business days.
Geez... was a plea for someone to give me hope... 1 credible insider said a hire would be made today...Whether it was choice 1 or choice 2.... that is all... and everyday is a business day in coaching searches..

Who is it
Wasn’t it Lowe who had all the smoke about Tennessee was Freeze’s dream job? And he carried on with it for a few days, if I’m not mistaken. Then things went quiet with Freeze and has stayed that way for the most part since a little bit before Pruitt was fired. Makes me wonder.

Has anyone outside of fans mentioned him as a legitimate candidate? I have read some here and there (247/VQ), but honestly been busy.

Has, say...Basilio or Low brought him up? Tia
No. I’m not saying he is either. Only that if there is a head coach I think can win, I’m not going to wait two weeks to save a million bucks when I’m offering several million per year. Over the course of his contract that will be chump change compared to what he brings in additional revenue.

I live in Atlanta. I walked into Publix with my VOL hoodie on today. The cashier pointed at the VOLS on my chest and said "ouch" while cashing me out.
Did they make you put on a brown paper bag instead of a mask when walking in the store? Enquiring minds want to know what the health department is up to these days.

I'm sure this was already mentioned in the future-past, but I've skipped 100+ pages each day...siap

Yea it’s been mentioned and makes no sense really. Imo in most cases Administrators don’t want their coaches being rumored for job because that leads to higher pay demands.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back