Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this discussion about what Lowe has said today is nuts. AV only said pay attention to Lowe because he is one of the preferred reporters to break the news. So we’ll hear “Breaking News: Tennessee to hire X as their next football coach” from him, and that will be the first real, verified report.

We’ve seen DW likes to keep things close to the best and buttoned up, so I see no reason not to believe this. Lowe doesn’t know anything he hasn’t gotten out of his personal contacts/friends, but likely nothing from DW. For all we know, he’s friends with Dykes and wants to use this to rebuild some of his friends image.

Lowe will be the one to break the news public.

Also, AV is not a prophet. He could have just been wrong.

Reactions: FBtime
Wouldn’t it be poetic justice...we were the only team that Freeze wants to coach at, but alas we went after white whales. Little did we know that the ocean was so dried up that there wasn’t a fish left in the sea. So now our only option, hand the keys to the man that has patiently waited for us to come calling. Hugh Feeeze!
No

You know it’s bad when you walk into a Thai restaurant with a Vol shirt on in South Florida and the Sushi chefs start pointing at you and laughing.
I live in Atlanta. I walked into Publix with my VOL hoodie on today. The cashier pointed at the VOLS on my chest and said "ouch" while cashing me out.

Feels like our top choices have all turned us down... prove me wrong... seriously please prove me wrong
How can we prove you wrong. No one knows who our top choices are or where we are in the search. The AD has officially been on the clock for 2 business days and the first day was press conferences and meeting the team.

So I never once gave up on the idea that Pruitt was getting fired. There were times I thought it was unlikely, but I always thought there was a decent chance.

Reason being, they left that dude in the wind for a damn month. Whatever the "news of the day" was, it didn't override the fact that the idea of going through that Pruitt piñata fest just to keep him didn't make any sense.

I think everybody should look at the totality of everything that has happened since Pruitt was fired and ask yourself, "Does hiring Dykes make any sense?".

Not really. So I wouldn't resign ourselves to that fate just yet. Elliott at least makes sense. Dykes makes no sense.

Agents and/or attorneys spent all day working out the details of the contract.
New coach is announced to our team later this evening
New coach is introduced tomorrow
Lines up with getting who we want.

Since Matt doesn’t have an agent, it takes longer to go through the process. We got who we wanted.

All this discussion about what Lowe has said today is nuts. AV only said pay attention to Lowe because he is one of the preferred reporters to break the news. So we’ll hear “Breaking News: Tennessee to hire X as their next football coach” from him, and that will be the first real, verified report.

We’ve seen DW likes to keep things close to the best and buttoned up, so I see no reason not to believe this. Lowe doesn’t know anything he hasn’t gotten out of his personal contacts/friends, but likely nothing from DW. For all we know, he’s friends with Dykes and wants to use this to rebuild some of his friends image.

Lowe will be the one to break the news public.
Chris Low wants to know why “they’re waiting on a hardware store to break the news?”

Reactions: knoxswim890
We will hire a current head coach....that is all I am saying so don’t ask.
Also if you want a mainstream media guy to listen to...its Chris Lowe....he has contact with some of the FU money these days. Where do you think a lot of those guys get their intel from :)

This doesn’t mean that’s who DW is interviewing considering how tight-lipped he’s been on everything regarding this search.

I said Low and Feldman are the two preferred national outlets. I’ve heard they’ll be told before anyone local.
Low or Feldman will break the news public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back