Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we got one of them. And it will please most. No I don’t have the name but it is done. Don’t let the handful of moronic repetitive chicken little types shake your confidence. They just love to call attention to themselves by regurgitating the same old crap over and over. Pass over their posts without reading them or block them. You’ll be glad you did.
They bring nothing to the conversation.
Should be revealed tomorrow.
lol

Everyone take a deep breath. Danny White is a superstar who is more than competent, innovative, and most importantly, has an immaculate record of hiring coaches. I have tried to find something negative about him, but everyone just keeps telling me how great he is and how everyone loves working for and with him. We are in good hands despite the violations and semi-gutted roster. We need to keep the faith. We haven't had an AD this competent since one of the people in my avatar was in charge (I'll give you a hint....it's not the person on the left), even if she partly rode the coattails of CPS. Danny White will be to MFB what she is/was to WBB.

Jimmie Johnson not winning the cup driving a Honda Civic. DW will do the best with what we have to work with. Some might not like to believe UT has sunken to these depths but we clearly have.

Its crazy that we nuked the program and spent FU money on an AD that might hire a coach worse than what Fulmer would have got.
Seriously. Fulmer could have done everything White is doing for half the cost.
And far more leaks!
Coaching search would have been 10 times better.
If we’re ever headed to the same nuclear fallout shelter, remind me to murder you. 😴

You can sell Chadwell to the fans and to recruits based on what he did in 2020. You can't sell Dykes at all. That guy would literally lose money for the program...in addition to a lot of games. Chadwell should be the floor. Maybe it really is Franklin and Dykes was leaked to make those of us that are against Franklin to suddenly feel relieved if it's him.
Chadwell 100 times over Dykes & I actually like him over Franklin but not necessarily bc I think he’s a better coach just not a huge fan of franklin

It’s hard to believe that Danny White left a high-paying gig matched with lower expectations at UCF, to come to Tennessee knowing the state of the football program and how important this next hire is. He is unlike any AD we've had and surely he knows Tennessee didn’t give him a 1.8 million dollar salary to trot out Sonny Dykes.

He’s highly regarded to shocking the world with his hires and thinking outside the box. Myself, along with majority of others on here, also believe that this coaching search is the polar opposite of what we’re accustomed to. If it ends up being Dykes, then the comment from DW about wanting this next HC to be in Knoxville for the next 10 years will be, well, word vomit.

The problem with Dykes is that he's already been the up-and-comer who got a power 5 job, and he failed at that job. He doesn't have the potential that even coaches like Elliott or Chadwell have. His ceiling seems extremely low.

I think he would bring an exciting offense here, but I'm not sure what else. Can he recruit at this level? Can he staff at this level, especially on the defensive end? Sonny Dykes feels like a worse version of Chad Morris.
Pretty sure a lot of coaches improve from their first big opportunity to their second. He's pretty low on my preferences but he's not as bad as everyone is acting.

Not exactly. I got banned during a game because I openly said I want Vanderbilt to win so Pruitt will get fired. Someone said they didnt want to hear that during the game and I got banned.
I’m sure you restrained it to 9 out of 10 posts a page...like Pruitt coming back and everyone being insane for thinking otherwise.

It makes sense for nothing to be coming out of UTAD given DW's MO.

What doesn't make sense is how no agents/other staffs/candidate camps are leaking. We saw noise from elliott's camp... something happened there. I believe Parker reached out to gauge interest with his agent.

this is just wild. you can control our side of the equation if you're DW but you can't control everybody elses.
This makes me think it's wrapped up and coach is waiting to tell his team maybe?

Reactions: give_him 6
Lol he did not say we missed on anyone. He was just giving opinions on coaches the host asked him about and said he thought they wouldn’t come to UT. He suggested Dykes and Elliot would be on the radar. He doesn’t know anything.

This! Not hard to understand but by all means everyone... continue with doom and gloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back