Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in the media is ever going to say anything optimistic about us landing Campbell. He has always been an assumed no. The hope is that White personally wears him down and convinces him. If this happens we won't know until it's announced imo.

Was always a long shot. I'm holding onto hope for now.

giphy.gif

Low-
Said he almost guarantees there is someone out there he hasn't heard about that White has spoken with.
He does think we go Coordinator route.
Says Elliott makes the most sense
Matt Campbell wasn't a legitimate candidate
Heard more about Fickell but he is waiting for a B10 job.
Has not heard Napier in connection with this search

Chris Low on potential coaches
Brain Kelly- No
Jeff Fisher- Guy acting like own agent, probably not
James Franklin- Not 1000% No, But probably not, needs a really compelling reason
PJ Fleck- No
Tony Elliott- Is a candidate, Hottest assistant in college football.
Says we swung at Campbell, Fickell, Franklin at missed at big names.
Sonny Dykes- High on TN list, a niche offensive guy, What he's done at SMU is impressive, Will get looked at hard.
Says our admin needs to go hire the best guy, best fit, forget the fan base

We just can’t get a big name here like A&M. Sad!

Reactions: ckilla27
AV said listen to Low. Low is making it sound like it's between Elliot and Dykes. @Ron Swanson I'm going to need a huge pick me up and a gallon of that optimism jug you drink from if it's down to those two guys.
Zero chance they hired a $1.8mil AD with a $2.5mil buyout to hire a guy like Dykes. Lol not a chance. Elliott is an up an comer coordinator but as Donde said, “this isn’t a learn on the job type of job.”

White has been known for misdirection in the media. Nothing is leaking. Hell, Austin Price slept all day because he knew they weren’t getting any information.

AV said to listen to Low but maybe that was just for the announcement when it happens? Volzown said something might leak tonight. We’ll see. I still think it’s a big name like Campbell.

Chris Low on potential coaches
Brain Kelly- No
Jeff Fisher- Guy acting like own agent, probably not
James Franklin- Not 1000% No, But probably not, needs a really compelling reason
PJ Fleck- No
Tony Elliott- Is a candidate, Hottest assistant in college football.
Says we swung at Campbell, Fickell, Franklin at missed at big names.
Sonny Dykes- High on TN list, a niche offensive guy, What he's done at SMU is impressive, Will get looked at hard.
Says our admin needs to go hire the best guy, best fit, forget the fan base

Forget the fanbase? Yea, let me know how that works out...

Chris low said forget the fanbase lol
Can’t make any money with neyland stadium empty after going 3-9 or 2-10 Low
**** Chris low

Fanbase is hella fickle, hell we've got what 30-50 of us in here and can't even settle on a top guy we're ALL happy with.

If it's Sonny Dykes and he starts winning 8-10 every season while being competitive in the other games, the fans will be in Neyland. Same for Elliot, Fleck, Campbell, Fickell, or Franklin. It won't matter much who the HC is, if they start winning the fanbase will rally.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back