Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks wetting their pants for Hugh Freeze who scoff at even looking at James Franklin didn't do enough reading about Hugh Freeze (it wasn't just hookers and paying players).
Wrong....didn't want Freeze. I want someone that Donde and DW described in the PC. But Currie lied to us last time so we shall see.

Still don’t see why Franklin would take the job.

Don’t allow yourselves to be talked into being fine with Healy. That would be a surrender hire.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I gave you the answer. It would look horrible to the national media & most of the fanbase. Do I care about their opinion? No. But, it doesn't change the fact you'd have Pat Forde and Dan Wolken writing articles in less than 24 hours about how we threw Schiano under the bus for an "unsubstantiated rumor" because he is a bad coach, but were quick to accept Franklin.

You act like Franklin has won 3 national titles and 10 Big 10 championships. He isn't special. We'd be just as well off with P.J. Fleck who comes with ZERO baggage and is universally loved and respected by people.
Ok so some media provocateurs write an article. It’ll pass in a week or less.

And I fully understand his resume has holes. Of the five that were listed by Low, he and Elliott are probably at the bottom. But, I think all would work well. So, I think any hire off that list would be a great hire.

Reactions: 24/7vol
I gave you the answer. It would look horrible to the national media & most of the fanbase. Do I care about their opinion? No. But, it doesn't change the fact you'd have Pat Forde and Dan Wolken writing articles in less than 24 hours about how we threw Schiano under the bus for an "unsubstantiated rumor" because he is a bad coach, but were quick to accept Franklin.

You act like Franklin has won 3 national titles and 10 Big 10 championships. He isn't special. We'd be just as well off with P.J. Fleck who comes with ZERO baggage and is universally loved and respected by people.
I dunno about an "unsubstantiated rumor". the guy named Schiano under oath in court and could go to prison if he was caught lying. That seems like enough evidence to steer clear.
I admittedly don't know much about the court dealing with the Vandy stuff though, was Franklin accused of any wrong doing in court by anyone? I legitimately don't know.

Its only public perception on this board. No one in the rest of the country thinks Franklin covered up anything. If it was the perception of the rest of the country it would have been a big story when he was hired at Penn St, the school with the biggest scandal in CFB history.

If we hired Franklin the national media would be in complete shock that we pulled off hiring such a great coach .

and we have posters worried about the media being negative about it. The only negative would be started from our own foolish fans

That dude has compliance all over him because he hangs out in the dorms and trades picture edits for UT gear.

A total loser.
Yeah, I was gonna say. Seems like a jock sniffer. He reminds me of a group of kids I went to high school with who thought they were so cool because they hung out with football players. They weren't even friends with them, and the players themselves always thought they were kind of a joke, and everybody made fun of them, but they thought they were so cool. Kind of like groupies.

Its only public perception on this board. No one in the rest of the country thinks Franklin covered up anything. If it was the perception of the rest of the country it would have been a big story when he was hired at Penn St, the school with the biggest scandal in CFB history.
This. Penn State needed to avoid scandal worse than anyone. If they hired him without a fuss, then it would be even less of a fuss for us.

Flame suit on, but if it is Franklin, I truly hope the fans don’t Schiano the hire. Not that DW would follow suit of the previous admin, BUT, it’s such a bad public image for UT. Especially, already having a pretty bad social media image.
The Schiano protest lost all credibility when they attacked Dave D. and family on twitter right after but the Sabs of this fan base are always going to get attention on Twitter

What coach doesn't want control? If he has a strong AD (WHITE) wouldn't think that would be a problem.

What's his tie to LSU other then coaching Louisiana 3 years? He's from TN, played in western SC and has been closer to TN almost his entire career.
There's having control and then there's being a dictator. As far as the LSU stuff thats the word thats been out on him that he would rather have that job.

I'm about 80% that it's going to be PJ Fleck at this point. I feel like White & Fleck both being at Northern Illinois together and having a relationship already is a strong pull. Ya don't leave Minnesota to go to UCF, but you would to go to UT.

If this is who we hire I’m officially out, no way we do all this to bring in a G5 coach with a losing record. And if we did do all this to end up with him then they would be better off just shutting down football and tearing down the stadium.
Hey guys, breaking news! I'm hearing from my sources that it will be Tennessee Tech's head coach. Don't care if you believe me.

Now, since someone randomly on the internet threw out another disappointing name, you guys should hijack the thread, talk about how you'll be pissed off about Tennessee Tech's coach for the next 10 pages.

It IS NOT Healy
It IS NOT Franklin
It IS NOT Elliott

Just stop running with names you hear one time. Good grief.

Right. I think a lot of you have convinced yourself that's true. Yet no one outside the state of Tennessee seems to have a problem reading the statement from the prosecution (who has no loyalty to JF) and understanding that he didn't do anything.

Tennessee either has some obsession with making rape allegations against innocent people, or it is personal with Franklin.
Or some of us understand how courts actually work so don't put as much faith in their findings. According to the courts, O.J. was innocent as well. You should avoid your generalizations. Like I said, they make you look dumb.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back