Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking this over. I really think the next hire is going to be Mario Christobal from Oregon. From the hints from @Atlanta VOL: Mario is a sitting Power 5 head coach and really tall. He has a $9 million dollar buyout, but Donde Plowman has mentioned that Danny’s buyout would pay for itself so I would assume that logic will would apply to Mario’s. The old boosters are upset with what they are hearing about buyout figures. Mario is an offensive minded coach and previous national recruiter of the year with ties to the south and would be a great hire and would be out of nowhere like Danny’s previous hires.

To add to this: I’m not seeing anything about Christobal’s agent being Jimmy Sexton, which is a big plus and change for the University. Can you confirm @Stoerner Fumbles ?

Currie was at a basketball game when we thought he was out fishing for a whale. Ended up having Schiano in the chamber.

White was at a basketball game yesterday. 🤔

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Stop sweatin it man, we aren't operating under the same rules as before. Just sit back n relax n enjoy the process. Don't wanna see ya in distress, especially over something we can't control. I do honestly feel like this is going as expected. If things was goin a stray we would get lil drops by our normal guys who bring us info. We was told to pay attention to Lowe n Feldman especially Lowe by AV. All these other fake news media reports are just filler to fit the narrative that UT is still abysmal and can't get outta our own way. Nobody, I repeat nobody even our own local media, they don't want us to be successful. The old saying ESPN hates us...... Yeah I'm changing it to the media period hates us!! If they trot out no name McGoogle coach then we'll guess what, we still can't do anything about it. So relax n enjoy life. We have to or we will drive ourselves crazy tryin to figure it out.
I dont think the media hates us per se... just been burned too many times talking us up... kinda like us, really.

Reactions: FiremedicVOL127
How many of those guys walked into an ongoing NCAA investigation with post season bans and scholarship limits on the horizon? I think under the circumstances we are in its far different.

I mean yeah but either way we'll either get a good coach or we won't. A good coach won't let that stuff hold us back and will continuously let hope build even if he doesn't win right away. A bad coach will use it as an excuse and we'll get sick of it.

Hard to explain on VN but basically I interpret this as "see, it aint over hire has been made." Could be totally wrong but idk, just feels like its over and White has historically kept it so close to his vest that we wouldn't know until he is ready to release it.

I mean it’s kinda obvious though. Coaching season isn’t over. We have to hire a HC and there are still staff shake ups everywhere.

Penn State football coach REDACTED TO AVOID GETTING BLOCKED told a player not to talk to police following a fight with a star linebacker in a 2018 incident that involved punching, choking and a knife being pulled, according to allegations contained in a university report obtained by ESPN. (I think he has too many red flags to meet the standards set forth by Plowman and White.)

Hard to explain on VN but basically I interpret this as "see, it aint over hire has been made." Could be totally wrong but idk, just feels like its over and White has historically kept it so close to his vest that we wouldn't know until he is ready to release it.

My guess is we’re hiring a sitting head coach thus elongating coaching search season.

I mean it’s kinda obvious though. Coaching season isn’t over. We have to hire a HC and there are still staff shake ups everywhere.
RIght but its more about the timing. He called it the day before and I guess it could just be orange colored glasses but it was def about Pruitt. Idk, maybe Im just ready for this to end but I see this being over at 3ET tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back