Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you truly think Tennessee will get back if he is hired? With probation looming, I say Campbell, Kiffin, or Freeze could be the only ones to save the program. Know what the sad thing is? Two of those three are begging for the job. That’s how I know Tennessee still doesn’t care about winning. It’s all money.
Freeze is untouchable, you cant throw yourself on the sword to the NCAA and then go hire a guy with his past. Plus what are you going to tell recruits parents when sitting in a kids living room talking about his culture and teaching them to be leaders.
Do we actually know Kiffin wants the job, he just hired a coach at Ole Miss today, he likes attention, hes like the pretty girl in high school has a BF but is always flirting with somebody. What championships have Kiffin and Freeze won that tells you that are for sure the guy?
Do I think TN will be back with Elliott idk, but I think he has just as high of a ceiling as the 3 you mentioned, and from what 2 of them showed as HC maybe higher.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I’m not a ****ing AD, I don’t have a short list. I just know I don’t want someone who will inspire no hope in this fan base. Trot tony Elliot out there and you won’t have to lift covid restrictions because no one will give a ****. It’s more of the same, the same **** we’ve done since Kiffin walked out the door.
Wait, was Kiffin a head coach when he was hired? I didn't think so.

I’m not saying it is or it ain’t a good hire. Hell all the noise about DW gonna be able to open the doors to coaches that PF couldn’t and then we still hire a 1st timer even after plowman spews this bs that TN ain’t the place to learn on the job for newbies & hell that’s all we’ve really been for 13 years
I understand what you're saying; but, Fulmer wouldn't have been able to hire Elliott, especially right now.
I can understand why it may happen though.
If it is Elliott, I truly believe Campbell turned us down. Until I hear different, I believe he is the top target.

Last edited:
They know we will always get behind a new hire. That’s why they do it every 3-4 years. It’s money. I’ve had season tickets for over 30 years until now. There will be more like me if Elliot is hired. At the least, you hire Chadwell, if you truly care.
Chadwell isn't ready, plus his one good year came in a weird year where teams couldn't practice half the time. Before this year nobody knew who he was, he has 2 of the worst seasons in CC history and his CSU program took a step back in his last year. Add to that he has 0 connections at the P5 level and its more of a disaster waiting to happen then Elliott.

It’s all over Twitter with no push back from either side and it makes too much sense because that’s what tennessee hires. “Diamond in the rough”. That’s why
I don’t buy it until Chris Lowe reports it. If TN was wise they would steer clear of hiring a coordinator for HC

I’m not a ****ing AD, I don’t have a short list. I just know I don’t want someone who will inspire no hope in this fan base. Trot tony Elliot out there and you won’t have to lift covid restrictions because no one will give a ****. It’s more of the same, the same **** we’ve done since Kiffin walked out the door.
Lol...then carry on with your tirade then. It doesn't mean much since you won't even give an answer to a simple question.

Do you truly think Tennessee will get back if he is hired? With probation looming, I say Campbell, Kiffin, or Freeze could be the only ones to save the program. Know what the sad thing is? Two of those three are begging for the job. That’s how I know Tennessee still doesn’t care about winning. It’s all money.
2 of those 3 are not an option at the moment. The other one everyone assumes we tried, but he may have said no. Just have to see.

Last edited:
Kiffin or Freeze...we got another one boys..🤦‍♂️

I am one of the biggest Campbell hawks on VN, and even I understand why we wouldn't do that. If we offer him 6-7mil and he won't take it, then he is not worth the gamble of paying 9-10 mil for...even I understand why.

He is not a SURE thing..he is just a much better hand of cards than the rest, and that is just my opinion, a lot of guys here disagree about Campbell for logical reasons.

I understand but it is so important for us right now. Players would be thrilled with Campbell. I truly think they would be jumping in the portal to come to Tennessee to play for him. If it doesn’t work out then at least we gave our all to a coach that many think might be the best in the country. I would be willing to give him at least five years to save the program. If it doesn’t work, then so be it.

Man the whole “only these coaches will be good” attitudes are out in force.

Sorry but I’ve seen too many “next big” coach get to a big job and fail hard, just look at Texas, look at Michigan, look at Florida with its previous 2 hires.

I’ll see who we get and then judge them. Even if I’m not thrilled with the hire, worst case I’ll just apathetically watch the games the next couple years like I did the past 2 years.

There are some wired, jacked-up MFers on VolNation right now. I navigated to the Football Forum a few minutes ago. Jesus. I think some of it has leaked over here. Folks got PTSD.

If Elliot is the hire, White will put him in a position to succeed. He’ll have the resources and support worthy of a Top 10 program.
I'm about 6 pages behind but I was about to ask who left the barn door unlocked. Pretty obvious the ff got bored yelling at each other and wanted to spread some love over here.

Man the whole “only these coaches will be good” attitudes are out in force.

Sorry but I’ve seen too many “next big” coach get to a big job and fail hard, just look at Texas, look at Michigan, look at Florida with its previous 2 hires.

I’ll see who we get and then judge them. Even if I’m not thrilled with the hire, worst case I’ll just apathetically watch the games the next couple years like I did the past 2 years.
Thank You for having an open mind. Thats part of the problem, some of our fans have their hearts set on one or two guys and won't accept anyone else.

Chadwell isn't ready, plus his one good year came in a weird year where teams couldn't practice half the time. Before this year nobody knew who he was, he has 2 of the worst seasons in CC history and his CSU program took a step back in his last year. Add to that he has 0 connections at the P5 level and its more of a disaster waiting to happen then Elliott.

At least Chadwell has been a successful head coach, not just a coordinator. Pruitt was thought of as a defensive genius but we all soon realized being a HC was too much for him. This risk is too much at this time for the program, when we are pretty much giving ourselves the death penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back