Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Ok St too big for Gundy?
Was Oregon too big for Kelly?
Was Clemson too big for Dabo?
Was MS St too big for Mullen?
Was Washington too big for Sark?
Thats a lazy argument either he has it or he doesn't. Getting a guy like Elliott is better than running out a failed re tread
Was Tennessee too big for Butch, Dooley, or Pruitt?

I love vol nation. There really is nothing comparable. Not even a full week ago, Jeremy Pruitt was fired for cause and there was what was repeatedly called ā€œan extraordinary press conferenceā€ in which we openly admitted to multiple level 1 violations. Immediately people started to embrace the inevitability of having Kevin Steele and a skeleton staff as a multi-year interim solution to get us through the turmoil.

So, in less than a week we have gone from Pruitt, the worst coach in history, to Kevin Steele and a mass exodus of players, and somehow.....amazingly we hired a rock star AD and somehow people are bitching about the prospects of us hiring Luke Fickell, PJ Fleck, or Tony Elliot. Classic.

Not sure why everyone is shocked that it could be Elliott.

Didn't Brice mention something about Elliott? Didn't Feldman mention something about Elliott?
Didn't 247 mention something about Elliott?

Seems to me like all signs are pointing to Elliott.

Reactions: Catbone and Sleegro
I'll complain about Tony Elliott when he actually accepts the job.

As someone else said, when it gets past him, it's gonna get ugly. Real ugly.

We've heard worse names in the last few days.
What is aggravating is the fact that Kiffin and Freeze would take this program back to Atlanta and they can't even get looked at.

None of those jobs were remotely close to this situation.

Riddle me this - Which one of those had just fired a coach and multiple staff for cause for recruiting violations in the midst of an NCAA investigation that coincides with the worst era in their football history?

View attachment 343201
How many schools period have done that.
Another answer Fulmer took over Tennessee

I'm appreciative that AV posts here, but y'all need to be reasonable and use some common sense.

He was talking about who our next coach would be before we even hired DW. There's no way anything was locked up before then. I'm sure he had a few names in mind and felt good about it. But you can't make someone say yes. It is what it is.
As fast as it went, they knew DW was the guy WELL before it was announced.. Probably a few days before...

I said I would wait but screw it.

Elliott has as high of a ceiling as anyone we've mentioned, and probably as low of a floor as anyone we've mentioned.

I'd like to think we could sling enough money to land a safer bet. Maybe we can't. I just don't know.

I think TE could actually develop a QB. I think our offense would obviously improve as a whole. I think he's a great recruiter.

We'll see. Sometimes I just have to forget the last two weeks and remember that whoever we hire will be better than Pruitt, and TE will definitely be better than Pruitt.

Not sure why everyone is shocked that it could be Elliott.

Didn't Brice mention something about Elliott? Didn't Feldman mention something about Elliott?
Didn't 247 mention something about Elliott?

Seems to me like all signs are pointing to Elliott.

Thatā€™s why it doesnā€™t seem right. Unless his side is such a wide open book they are telling all despite their confidentiality agreements then it doesnā€™t add up. Itā€™s never that easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back