Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always refocuses me during these Coach and AD searches when I see the children step off the plane with their parents and ushered into the Vol family. They didn’t ask for it. Not many jobs out there where the whole family sort of gets lumped into the org. Seeing DW’s son with the plastic bag full of Tennessee swag on the tarmac just hits me in the feels. The little dude is my sons age. I hope enjoys this ride with his dad and loves Knoxville. I also hope he grows thick skin 😂
Barnes grabbed the kids and showed them around for an hour, calling them “my recruits”. Apparently the Whites had a fun day at UT.

We just tried the old school, physical brand of Football here for 3 years and it failed miserably. Not interested in signing up for more of the same.
It failed because we had bad coaches in too many spots to teach them well. It wasn't the style that failed...it was the execution of that style.

1888jv0rxki81gif.gif

Mike Tomlin to TN confirmed.

So here's a coordinator name that I've not seen surface yet...wonder if they know each other?

Doug Nussmeier was OC/QB Coach at Fresno in 2008, again not sure when White was there. I doubt it's this guy, but interesting connections if you take into account any/every spot White's worked.

I still hate you.

Been a very busy few months for me. Then just found d out a couple of days ago my Mom has cancer. Not looking promising, but we are waiting to hear what options we have if any.
I see you still get the words hate and love mixed up.

I can relate. They found out my mom had breast cancer a few weeks back. Went in to remove a tumor and biopsy so lymph nodes to check for spread. Found out today they have the pathology back, but wouldn't give me the results. Said we had to wait til her appt on Monday. Going to be a long weekend. Hoping and praying it hasn't spread. Don't think I could handle that.

Let's talk about Lane. Dude is obviously an offensive genius. Defense has always been his struggle. What is his ceiling at TN? Can he truly be the guy to bring us back to championships.

We look at his first year at Ole Miss, and dude knows how to score points. He scored 48 against Bama, but allowed 63. A bad Arkansas team held his offense to 21 points. Are we sure he can win at a high level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back