Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP on Wanya and Henry
"I’m just told to expect them back. Who reported that? If you are looking at UT online then that is wrong from time to time. One current player got an errant email saying they owed for spring or they would be dropped from classes. That player didn’t come off scholarship as everything is fine but obviously an error occurred."
Hopefully the meeting today goes a long way with some of the players.

I doubt it has any impact at all on who gets chosen, but I think it's a great idea to let the players be heard.

Better breakdown would show what percentile of talent they have in relation to their conference.

Campbell, Chadwell, and Freeze stand out the most.

Coastal Carolina 4 stars: 0
2020 final ranking: 11-1, #14th
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 8th out of 10

Liberty 4 stars: 1
2020 final ranking: 10-1, #17th
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 5th out of 7

LA Lafayette 4 stars : 2
2020 final ranking: 10-1, #15th
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 2nd out of 10

Iowa State 4 stars: 4
2020 final ranking: 9-3, #9th
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 8th out of 10

West Virginia 4 stars: 5
2020 final ranking: 6-4, Unranked
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 6th out of 10

Cincinnati 4 stars: 7
2020 final ranking: 9-1, #8th
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 2nd out of 11

Louisville 4 stars: 8
2020 final ranking: 4-7, Unranked
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 9th out of 14

Ole Miss 4 stars: 16 (+1 five star)
2020 final ranking: 5-5, Unranked
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 12th out of 14

Nebraska 4 stars: 22
2020 final ranking: 3-5, Unranked
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 4th out of 14

Tennessee 4 stars: 31 (+5 five stars)
2020 final ranking: 3-7, Unranked
Roster talent vs rest of conference: 7th out of 14

Last edited:
More from Stoerner's Fumble
"There’s a top target, and five candidates. If making the list a figurative object is easier for you to handle, then do that. There is no literal list. They aren’t deciding who the targets are after getting approval from the team. I can state that with a great deal of confidence. I believe we have a coach, barring the inability to come to specific terms. I have more than one confirming source. I also know that they have a plan for what to do if things fall through, and what to do after that. As I said earlier, this search and hire will be tight and fast and free of embarrassment. It doesn’t begin today."

How refreshing would it be to not look like bumbling fools?

But if they don't know they can't squash it.

Watching Danny's press conference and listening to him it sounds like even if he has his candidates already picked out he's keeping that information to himself for the time being.
@Atlanta VOL knows whether it is a no or not though. If he doesn't "know", he has a pretty good idea.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I like this. Sounds like a “figure where I am with everything besides football” guy and a “figure out what kind of NCAA mess I need to clean up” guy are in place right out of the gates.
If he was looking at Elliot when he hired Josh H, at UCF, he may look at him here too. I know what our insiders said but I also don't know if our insiders can control White. It seemed like he was his own man in the press conference.

Reactions: preacherwebb
More from Stoerner's Fumble
"There’s a top target, and five candidates. If making the list a figurative object is easier for you to handle, then do that. There is no literal list. They aren’t deciding who the targets are after getting approval from the team. I can state that with a great deal of confidence. I believe we have a coach, barring the inability to come to specific terms. I have more than one confirming source. I also know that they have a plan for what to do if things fall through, and what to do after that. As I said earlier, this search and hire will be tight and fast and free of embarrassment. It doesn’t begin today."
Like I said...they know if Kiffin is a definite "no"

I know @Atlanta VOL can't say much, but dude you could just kill this Kiffin stuff right now. I don't understand why if it is not a possibility that it is not just brutally squashed...all you or any other trusted insider have to do is say..."Kiffin is not happening"..and it will be over with.
it aint' happening. and i want it to. but i know it's not.

there's nothing to squash.

siap the other day to someone else...it's not the AD's job to protect you from disappointing yourself....lol....(that's not aimed at you, just a general statement for anyone).

Reactions: Sleegro
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back