Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wanted Campbell at Tennessee for a LONG time, he is the epitome of a real football coach, but I will believe it when I see it. I refuse to even get excited about the possibility.

My only concern with a Campbell hire is the fanbase. We do not have any patience...absolute zero...and he will not build it quickly. He will not cut corners or take shortcuts, and I really doubt we as a whole would understand that.
If Campbell is a great coach though, I don't think it would take him years to turn UT around. Iowa St yes, because there isn't much brand there to begin with.

He can be given all the resources but it’s a lot harder to sell Nebraska than Knoxville. I get it’s a bad record and it’s not really the best of situations but with the biggest recruiting budget I think Frost can do much better at Tennessee
You’re right . Nebraska is a different animal than it used to be. I guess I wasn’t sold on him the first go around, maybe I’m not again. I’m not sure about the offense he runs either. Maybe that’s part of it.

Based on this, and some things I am hearing, here is where I think we are:

White has a name above everyone else, and as I posted earlier, there's a meeting with that candidate tonight. I don't know this for sure, but I think it is Fickell.

I have also heard this bit about it being a 5 man search because a direct quote I got was "Elliott was called on Wednesday night when White got the job. I'd say he's like 5th on the list."

We're going to have to fill in some blanks, but I believe the board looks something like this:

1) Fickell
2)
3) Neal Brown
4)
5) Tony Elliott

This quote from @Stoerner Fumbles is telling to me, but I think he reaches the wrong assumption.

The "bend" would be a lack of head coaching experience, not a lack of integrity. He supposes it means Kiffin, I think it means Elliott.
I'm driving to Cincinnati tonight guys. It's got to be Fickell. If I see the plane, Fickell or White I'll let y'all know. GBO

If Campbell is a great coach though, I don't think it would take him years to turn UT around. Iowa St yes, because there isn't much brand there to begin with.

Depends on your definition of turning it around. Butch had a couple nice years but was still drowning in negativity.

Yo I'll say it, I'm sure others have implied it...hell some of you may have said it already too. Swain seems to have a very obvious agenda with the guys he pushes when we have vacancies. Last search Tee Martin...now he's on the Tony Elliott bandwagon (even though Tee is still here?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back