Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the feeling that Kingston knows exactly who we are after

Whoever the poormouth targets that Hubbs tells him about? Clearly where he get his information from.

Also, the reason he said no about White an hour before news broke. Aka Hubbs didn't know it was going down.

Getting the feeling that Kingston knows exactly who we are after
With that being the case, Kingston has mentioned Fickell and Elliott. Both of them played for, graduated from, and coached for a long time for, their alma maters. Both of their alma maters are elite programs (OSU/Clemson, respectively) and will likely eventually lure them away from us, even if (especially if) Fickell/Elliott build a great program here. Are we sure we want someone who will likely eventually leave?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I like Kiffin and he makes football fun, but IDT this was the initial direction. They want a strong leader, proven winner and program builder that can stabilize the program, set a culture and be a long-term guy. No drama and no embarrassment-- keep the program out of trouble, get the players, build quickly and win.
Hmmm...

giphy.gif

LOL BRUTAL, not my choice just trying to put the puzzle together hahaha!

Every time I think about it I come up with a different name that is a sure fit.

There are zero leaks, which is good. I think the leadership is doing everything right this time. Good times ahead. Be patient and enjoy the ride!

I get that we have 7M to throw around, but i don't think we actually spend that. i think we spend 5 and use some for high caliber coordinators and assistants.

My money is on Fickell, Brown or Napier
I look at it like spend whatever amount of money the next coach needs to get here and his stipulations. If it’s his entire staff so be it. I’m ready to hire great people and leave them Tf alone.

Matt Campbell excites me more than any single candidate. His upside here with these resources is Natty contender

I love Matt Campbell too. I worry that he is a Midwestern/Ohio guy heading to recruit in the South. He's a big name that's for sure, and there is precedent a guy like him can be very successful in the SEC, see Urban Meyer, and to a lesser extent Nick Saban.

I'm definitely overthinking all of this though, I can guarantee that.

I love Matt Campbell too. I worry that he is a Midwestern/Ohio guy heading to recruit in the South. He's a big name that's for sure, and there is precedent a guy like him can be very successful in the SEC, see Urban Meyer, and to a lesser extent Nick Saban.
It may seem like hyperbole, but I truly believe Campbell can be our Meyer.

With that being the case, Kingston has mentioned Fickell and Elliott. Both of them played for, graduated from, and coached for a long time for, their alma maters. Both of their Alma Maters are "Elite" (OSU/Clemson, respectively) and will likely eventually lure them away from us, even if (especially if) Fickell/Elliott build a great program here. Are we sure we want someone who will likely eventually leave?
We haven’t even hired these guys and we’re already worrying about them leaving? We need someone to be successful here, show others that we can once again be good to great. We should want others coveting our coaches because it will mean they are doing well and it will also mean that we are an attractive job to other good coaches once that coach decides to go back to their school.

Reactions: crazyguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back