Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like white and absolutely trust him. I just think there are a lot who won't accept someone who isn't kiffin because of how rampant his name is running through the media at the moment.
This is a good point and it needs to be stressed. White has a very strong track record of identifying coaches who he believes are poised for success even though it may not be obvious to everyone else. Hamilton, Hart, Currie, and Fulmer did not. We are in good hands here, and we should give White the benefit of the doubt even if he doesn’t pick our personal favorite.

Hubbs and VQ either have no idea because they are out at the moment of close contacts in the AD or they are running interference and misdirection for the real hire.
Brand new AD from Orlando. I doubt it. No red herring's here, brocephus.

Hyams had to change a few breetches. The good old boy network didnt work this time.

I get the Kiffin thing and all. But I 100% don't really buy it happening. For 1 thing they just extended and apparently his buyout is super high. But I really don't get people saying he's grown up and learned from what he did to us, then hoping he does exactly the same thing to ole miss. Go there for 1 year, do a mediocre job record wise but make it exciting enough to make people think big things are coming. Then sneak off to his "dream" job in January. I like Kiffin I just don't see it as a homerun hire for any of the right reasons.
His buyout is 5 mil so thats not super high and he's been trying to get back here for 3 years now.

Per Swain "Lane Kiffin would walk here and if offered the job he would be here"
If true (I hope it is) imagine what position Keith Carterto must be in at the moment. That's like your wife openly telling her friends if this guy would take me I would dump my husband in a second and not even pack my clothes on the way out.

How many of you were logged on VN the night Kiffin bolted? Man what a wild time that was. I think the board crashed within minutes. My brain doesn’t have the capacity to even begin processing the thought of Kiffin coming back. Hiring him would be VERY polarizing but no matter which side you fall on, it will be extremely personal to every Vol fan. Maybe a chance to heal a deep wound and close out a long dark chapter of Vol history. Sign me up.
The ensuing search is how i found VN.

I get the Kiffin thing and all. But I 100% don't really buy it happening. For 1 thing they just extended and apparently his buyout is super high. But I really don't get people saying he's grown up and learned from what he did to us, then hoping he does exactly the same thing to ole miss. Go there for 1 year, do a mediocre job record wise but make it exciting enough to make people think big things are coming. Then sneak off to his "dream" job in January. I like Kiffin I just don't see it as a homerun hire for any of the right reasons.

The truth is nobody can really hold it against Lane that he left for what he thought was a better opportunity. I mean, you can hate him for it as a fan, but as a person you have to understand it.

Put it this way- if you were the HC at Ole Miss and UT called, would you say no?

Texas ruined the Big 12. My Missouri buddies start dropping f-bombs whenever someone dares to mention Texas in their presence.

So true. They bullied their way and took advantage of the situation. The rest, including Okie, should have just banded together and said buh-bye. Just leave them on their Notre Dame style island.

Steele has had multiple meetings with Chancellor Plowman this week and she has reportedly been impressed with Steele’s work. He has logged many hours talking to players trying to keep them on campus and in school.

Quavaris Crouch and Henry To’oto’o are not in Knoxville at this time. Steele and Kevin Simon have continued to be in conversation with Henry and his family.

North Carolina and Michigan look like possibilities for Crouch. Auburn and Oklahoma are rumored to be possibilities for Eric Gray. Jay Graham has continued to have dialogue with Gray as the door remains cracked open slightly.
-VQ

Something to ponder.......

I really like how our new administration seems to be working....shrewd people who understand that a 4 leg stool works better than a 3 leg stool.

They have been working on this issue since early - mid November. Most of that time was used in one on one sessions with all involved. Many hours were spent with each individual and I am sure they questioned them not only on the ”how” they did this or “who” told you to do this but I am sure a fair amount of time was spent on have you done this before......and where did you learn this?

One common denominator over half of these people had is they came directly from bama.

With this in mind, would you think we might leverage this information with the NCAA when those discussions take place? You think the NCAA will want to play poker with Boyd / Plowman? With the advent of the addition of our new AD (who is deeply entrenched with the workings of the NCAA) , I don’t think they will be ”heavy handed“ here.

Don’t think the pending penalties will be as bad as many suspect.....

Then there’s Lane Kiffin’s name. Kiffin just got a new contract at Ole Miss, but he knows the White family and they know him well as Brian White was Kiffin’s boss at Florida Atlantic for two years. We don’t know what Brian White thought of Kiffin, but we are told they didn’t have a bad relationship. Kiffin has told people he would listen if Tennessee called. We don’t just know if White would call and if Kiffin would truly be interested.
-VQ

Remember this day Fellow Vols. It was on the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century that our Football program began the climb back up the mountain. We have left the valley. Finally.
And we ain’t looking back.......
Go Big Orange.

Yes - GBO! It was my wife's birthday as well, the greatest thing that ever happened to me outside of my acceptance of Christ has been her marrying me. She started reminding me of the 21/21/21 with the announcement and is as happy as I am about it all. Mark it down, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back