Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still disagree. You’re reading wayyyyy too much into the chancellor. Once the AD is hired he gets to pick his coach and go to work. The chancellor was only involved because Pruitt was evil Forrest Gump

The chancellor clearly feels burned right now.
There will be plenty of checks and balances on making sure she’s not sitting at another presser like Monday I feel Certain.

Kiffin brings Simpson. Bet that.
Herman may as well.
Campbell has a good shot.
Chadwell would be a tougher sell. It shouldn't get to Chadwell. That's a loser move for the program right now. Nothing against Chadwell but right now, you gotta go big.
Simpson would be a tougher sell but he plays a lot like Grayson McCall and would be really good for his offense.

He heard this from Katron Evans about Salter.
siap yesterday....these next couple of teams probably aren't gonna be very good...but i think they're going to be very easy for fans to root for. and i don't want to put the cart before the horse, but if nothing else, it's at least a good sign that despite the complete clown show we are, there's a core group of kids, both incoming and returning, that seem to be willing to take the mantle, and press forward.

so if that kind of leadership translates in the locker room, and the effort level matches the 'social media profile'.....

that's at least a good place start for the next coach to work with....

So they have been posting a lot, since bad things have been happening for the last 15 years.
Lol. I ignored Bruin a long time ago. It makes me laugh seeing responses because I know who they are quoting. Best thing I ever did and actually why I joined this site. I got tired of reading the trolls and joined to block them. I don’t need that negativity in my life. Lol.

Last edited:
Lol. I ignored Bruin a long time ago. It makes me laughing seeing responses because I know who they are quoting. Best thing I ever did and I actually why I joined this site. I got tired of reading the trolls and joined to block them. I don’t need that negativity in my life. Lol.
Choose Joy man.

O’Brien isn’t out there talking to Simpson for Tennessee like the article suggests I can almost guarantee that

Correct. He was talking to him during national championship game on behalf of Bama. That isn’t to say though that he could watch and talk to him and realize if he did take job he has a QB looking for a reason to go to TN and tell him the landscape of the states 22 class.

Reactions: MrVolton
Agree. This needs to be a Saban type move. Go pester the top guy until he says yes. Do whatever it takes and get a grandslam. That's the only move. You go get an up and comer or former assistant and you're making the same mistake you've been making and that qualifies for the definition of insanity. It's nonsensical at this point.
I dont buy that this isnt a top job. it simply just isnt the case. It just got a lot harder, but, the groundwork is there.

we do have to fight the Chancellor. She's only hindrance.

Reactions: RikidyBones
If @Stoerner Fumbles was right and they are initially looking to throw $8M/yr at someone it ain’t gonna be Chadwell. He’s not going from < $0.5M to that kinda money.
I read that as what’s AVAILABLE. You don’t have to utilize it. Lot of options. And it could be used to lure staff.

The chancellor clearly feels burned right now.
There will be plenty of checks and balances on making sure she’s not sitting at another presser like Monday I feel Certain.
Those are always in place everywhere. Fulmer was a figure head. We basically haven’t had an actual AD for 3 years. The only good thing is that he gave Pruitt anything he wanted so it put our spending and support structure where it needed to be like the other elites. But in doing so he also let Pruitt run wild which ultimately got us burned. There was no give and take.

If we want to be back on the coaching search again in potentially 2-3 years, then hire Bill O'Brien. It's no secret that BOB wants to be back in the NFL. If he has even remote success pulling us out of this dumpster fire, he'll parlay that into an NFL coaching gig and leave. Please do not get BOB.

If in three years the next coach we have gets a HC gig in the NFL, we have had a very good three years and are probably very desirable to the next coach.

I'm okay with that. It would mean the next 3 years have been the best in the past 20.

Being under a microscope would be good for freeze. This is quite possibly the biggest no brainer of a coaching search. Has proven he can win big games in the league, quickly. Tennessee recruits easier than ole miss. I played for the guy, and ask
Anyone from any stop he’s been. The man can flat out coach. Keep him on the straight and narrow and with salter and a great in state 22 class we will be dangerous by next year.

If you gotta go big, why are you hiring Tom Herman?

I just don’t understand it. The man had the most talent in his conference and lost 4.5 games per year. It’s like Bama losing 4.5 games per year. Or hell, even UGA. You wouldn’t consider those good coaches if they lost 4.5 games per season
Herman is third on the list. Personally, I'd pursue Campbell and not let up. Kiffin is number two and if I was AD, it wouldn't get past that. Kiffin would be a better contract for Tennessee though because I'd drop the bag but if he leaves, the buyout would be obnoxious. We will commit to each other in that contract. It'd be a 7 year deal for 6.5 per.

Campbell would be 5 yr for 7.5 per or 7 yr for 8 per.

Reactions: RiotVol
You’re getting catbone-ish
No. I’m just being honest. Campbell and Bob Stoops are not coming. We will not hire Kiffin.

BOB, Herman, Chadwell, Steele, and some others are actually realistic. There’s nothing wrong with being realistic. All of those but Steele would be good hires

The coach that gives us the best chance to land Simpson is BOB. Think about it...”Hey Ty, I’ve spent the last 10-12 years coaching Deshaun Watson and Tom Brady...want to be my next QB?”

I don’t want to pick a coach based off one recruit. He may be a good coach for us but he’s pretty far down my list.

From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Watch out of for Levorn Harbin to be added to the staff soon. Harbin was Director Of Recruiting at Auburn and is expected to serve in a similar role in Knoxville. Harbin is a guy that is very well respected in that business. I was told yesterday that Harbin was highly instrumental in helping Auburn best Tennessee for DL Jay Hardy out of Chattanooga back in fall of 2019. "

So, we are getting rid of our dirty laundry for a basketful of Auburn’s? Great look...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back