Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadwell got owned by the NCAA at Charleston Southern.

I'd put down a stack of McDs Happy Meals that if he hangs another 2 years at Coastal Carolina, the NCAA will own him there.

It's odd, isn't it, how he goes to a random unheard of football school, they win big then vacate those wins....... he is now at another random unheard of football school winning big........ want to guess what comes next?????

Hard pass.
0420709F-04C7-4539-BE8E-641E82AF8E11.gif

God I can’t wait much longer, need Chadwell to be finalized so I can exhale. Fulmer said a lot of dumb crap Monday but his 10 year comment will be prophetic if we make Jamey Chadwell our head coach. It may not lead to immediate success but his offensive ability partnered with a veteran SEC defensive staff would have us proud of our team and results for years to come!

Please make it happen Donde and Boosters!!
tenor.gif

Reactions: MtnVol
God I can’t wait much longer, need Chadwell to be finalized so I can exhale. Fulmer said a lot of dumb crap Monday but his 10 year comment will be prophetic if we make Jamey Chadwell our head coach. It may not lead to immediate success but his offensive ability partnered with a veteran SEC defensive staff would have us proud of our team and results for years to come!

Please make it happen Donde and Boosters!!

Fulmer was just saying words.

Fulmer isn’t making the hire.

Fulmer’s words no longer matter in regards to this.

In what world is TN better? Is Ole Miss without an AD? Did Ole Miss just fire the HC and two coaches and the entire recruiting office? Is Ole Miss staring at likely NCAA bowl penalties, scholarship restrictions, etc? Is Ole Miss looking at multiple players in the portal?

Better job my butt.......

TN is a better job

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Kevin Steele and Jamey Chadwell are different sides of the same coin in that it will all depend on who they hire to coach the other side of the ball.

Yes, Chadwell has more HC experience, but Steele has an abundance of SEC experience and connections that give him value.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Just trying to find why his reputation would be considered bad to the NCAA if we are wanting to appear as though we are cleaning up the program. Keeps being insinuated.

It's not bad. It's just TN fans being scorned. He was a bit wild while here, all comes from local rumors. USC hired him while under sanctions. NCAA didn't say boo

Reactions: jpope9
Kevin Steele and Jamey Chadwell are different sides of the same coin in that it will all depend on who they hire to coach the other side of the ball.

Yes, Chadwell has more HC experience, but Steele has an abundance of SEC experience and connections that give him value.

Experience and connections don't matter if you aren't cut out to be a head coach. And Steele actually has a solid track record of absolutely sucking as a head coach.

I would rather roll with Chadwell and his gang of Sun Belt coaches than 9-37 Steele and a bunch of SEC retread assistants. We've gotta stop trying to put together these B-teams of SEC staffs and expect to compete with teams that are much "richer" than us in every aspect. Gotta try something different.

Respectable programs there yes, but honestly the only competition in that conference should’ve been Oklahoma. Texas has multiple players drafted every year, and we’re lucky to have a couple. Plus Herman was ice cold in the 4th quarter, 1-11 if he entered that quarter without a lead. Plus more losses to unranked teams than any other program in the past 4 years.

He should of won the Big 12 this year, it was a down year for that conference, but again he underachieved. The higher ups were fed up with his off the field antics without any championships to show for it, so that’s why he was rightfully shown the door.

Maybe he will learn from his mistakes, like you said he’s young, but I’m not ready to embrace him given the shape we’re in right now. I doubt he could sniff 8-9 wins with our talent in this conference.

He's a better options than everyone outside of Kiffin or Freeze. I don't see Freeze happening. Doubt Kiffin gets the call. So we get another unproven G5 coach in Chadwell who may be the next Urban or another Butch.

What does your list look like?

Isn't that special? Especially since only the football team was the only program overachieving?

Give him 2 more years at Coastal....... and the NCAA will get him
The compliance office told the players to spend the extra money. The compliance office told the players the thing to do that got them in trouble. They really just didn't know what they were doing. It was 12 sports that got in trouble. None of it was recruiting related or anything.

I truly don’t see how the university, on the edge of major recruiting violation sanctions, can justify hiring a coach that left your school with recruiting violation issues, no matter how long ago it was. How could that possibly happen?

Because that was then and this is now. The NCAA has monitored him since then and he has matured to where he is now.

Trying to wrap my head around Chadwell, but I just don't see it. I don't think his offense would work here.

Before you come back with "but but but adapt offense", think about how many times we've all heard that before on this very board.

Color me skeptical.

What offense hasn't worked in the SEC though? Butch Jones' offense worked with the right QB. So did Urban's. So did Malzahn's, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back