Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did like things he said in nfl podcast. I would wonder what he would run at big program. He said something to effect of sure everyone wants the 6”3 monster but I’m a realist that if I’m getting the 6”3 monster he probably can’t move very well so he goes for the smaller guy with the chip on his shoulder that can move and play with leverage. Said something about all his OL were wrestlers that know how to fight. Also liked his adjustment talk as he plays multiple styles then see which style the defense has decided to defend such as BYU chose read so he went triple option and ran it down their throat. Impressive interview. I have my worries to what he would do at this level but I would easily like and support him based on his personality
Wrestling is huge for O lineman. I wrestled back in the day and one of our coaches was a football coach too, he was always trying to get his lineman out to wrestle. It helps so much with foot work and hand fighting.

Reactions: RiotVol
I thought FU money might be enough to pull Matt Rhule. But that dude scored himself $62 mil over 7 years!
I don't know that Joe Brady is right but he was getting some NFL HC looks.
FU money might be able to go outside the typical lists people have been throwing around.

I have not absolved Pruitt...jeez man he sucked at coaching he deserved to fired. Listen to me..
I have listened to you. Your posts keep making it out like Pruitt was set up. He wasn't. His staff actually did these things they're accused of. And like I said, everyone cheats, but Pruitt and (especially)Nieds got really sloppy with it. Sloppy to the point of arrogance. And it got them busted. I've agreed that Boyd and Plowman bungled the investigation, took steps that weren't necessary IMO, but that in no way means Pruitt didn't get sloppy. The truth is, he should have been fired no later than right after the ESP. The biggest hurdle in all of this, IMO, was Fulmer. Fulmer wanted to keep Pruitt and kept fighting for him past any reasonable point. I can only assume it's because he placed his pride above the well-being of the football program he claims to love. I'm not convinced there was a nefarious plan to take out the AD and the football coach. It was perfectly clear Pruitt had to go, but Fulmer hung himself with his unwavering support of Pruitt IMO.

I listen to you. Even if I have to skip every other word. 😊
I'm sorry...I am really just stressed at the state of the real world. Like I've said...it's just cathartic to blow off steam in a harmless way. I am really upset at what they have done to our Vols, and it hurts, and when I am hurt I get angry..but in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't affect my real life.

I have listened to you. Your posts keep making it out like Pruitt was set up. He wasn't. His staff actually did these things they're accused of. And like I said, everyone cheats, but Pruitt and (especially)Nieds got really sloppy with it. Sloppy to the point of arrogance. And it got them busted. I've agreed that Boyd and Plowman bungled the investigation, took steps that weren't necessary IMO, but that in no way means Pruitt didn't get sloppy. The truth is, he should have been fired no later than right after the ESP. The biggest hurdle in all of this, IMO, was Fulmer. Fulmer wanted to keep Pruitt and kept fighting for him past any reasonable point. I can only assume it's because he placed his pride above the well-being of the football program he claims to love. I'm not convinced there was a nefarious plan to take out the AD and the football coach. It was perfectly clear Pruitt had to go, but Fulmer hung himself with his unwavering support of Pruitt IMO.

I am convinced.

Reactions: BDB88
Hurt feelings mostly. His fiasco started this downward spiral.
I’ll take it one step further and say it all comes down to trust. Can decision makers trust Kiffin with the most important position hire in the history of UT football? He burned us once in a horrible way.

I’m guessing the answer is “No”.

Agree. I think they tried to get Fulmer to work with them, but he was determined to keep Pruitt. Why wouldn't he be if he was able to live vicariously through him, and I think he really believed they could turn it around next year. Doesn't mean the other side isn't to blame also.

I'm sorry...I am really just stressed at the state of the real world. Like I've said...it's just cathartic to blow off steam in a harmless way. I am really upset at what they have done to our Vols, and it hurts, and when I am hurt I get angry..but in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't affect my real life.
Understand completely. Upset with the world and home so really would have liked to have football to take my mind off of it. Well, in a good way anyway.

I get it. You and I are in a similar boat. Real world problems dominate our lives, so seeing them invade our escape from reality, Vol football, is hard as hell. Like you, I'm mad as hell, and I'm hurt. And as I previously said, I blame them all for failing to safeguard this program. I'm not convinced they get this AD or coaching hire right. I have zero faith that they will. I fully expect more disappointment. It pains me that I'll probably never see good UT football again. If I could, I'd walk away and find a healthier pursuit, but I'm a Volunteer until the day I die. It's part of me and who I am.

I never wanted that. There would’ve been too much pressure on tee and too much on us to hire him. It’s like Scott frost as Nebraska. Sometimes being back at home is only as good as the reason you’re back.

Maybe that was Kingston. But yes, that’s a tall task.

Agree. I think they tried to get Fulmer to work with them, but he was determined to keep Pruitt. Why wouldn't he be if he was able to live vicariously through him, and I think he really believed they could turn it around next year. Doesn't mean the other side isn't to blame also.
I blame them all. No excuses for any of them. Protect the program. That should be the priority. And truthfully, I probably do blame Pruitt and especially Fulmer more, but that's because protecting the program should have been their number 1 priority. The chancellor and the university president have a lot more to juggle. That doesn't excuse their ineptitude in how this was handled, but man, especially Fulmer, who's supposed to be like the ultimate VFL, he totally jeopardized everything by remaining faithful to Pruitt over the well-being of the program. I just don't understand that choice. He played here. He coached here. Second only to the General when it comes to coaching at UT. Honestly, it feels like a total betrayal. Guess now I know how Johnny felt.

Yes, but people keep implying that he can't be hired now after this because of the statements made in the press conference.
I think the guy is hirable, if we want him. Ole Miss did their due diligence and brought him in. That was on the tale end of the Hugh Freeze mess. As far as I know, he doesn’t have any more history with compliance than several coaches on our list (including Chadwell).

So much baggage here though. Any contract with him would need to include crazy out clauses and penalties for early departure. Again — trust.

Again, I can get behind a Chadwell hire as well.. Stoops isn’t happening. Campbell isn’t happening.. Freeze or Kiffin isn’t happening. Herman/Chadwell is 1A and 1B for me. Would support either hire..

Herman couldn’t win even when he had the best talent on the field. How’s that gonna work out here??

Reactions: bpvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back