Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily.

If this was done days ago, why hasn’t it been announced?
if he’s calling recruits he already passed the recruiting test and such

Not sure on why not announced

I did say earlier today I dont know why bama wouldn’t just say we are gutted and have to have you working and will waive the buyout
For ten if you got there as HC.
Maybe just to get coaches working

Again. Why would Stoops not even talk to Auburn but come to Tennessee?
Well, Could it be he would rather live and coach in the hills of East Tennessee at the legendary "Big House" than hang out on the planes of south bammer playing second fiddle to UA?

We will get a slap on the hand. Otherwise, they’ll have to open a can a worms that they won’t be able to handle with other schools.

A slap on the hand? They found 50+ violations! And even without the sanctions Auburn is a better job than UT.

Reactions: appyvol
Well, Could it be he would rather live and coach in the hills of East Tennessee at the legendary "Big House" than hang out on the planes of south bammer playing second fiddle to UA?

I love East Tennessee and lived here 20 years, but there’s not much difference in where you live in the South when you make millions/year.

The second fiddle part you maybe say, but Auburn is still more nationally relevant than Tennessee...and that’s not considering potential NCAA sanctions.

We had better save the $12 million buyout after all of this mess!! It’s going to cost us 2-3x that by the time this is all said and done. Would have been way cheaper to uncover a few of the infractions, tell Pruitt he’s in trouble, but we can make it go away if he wants to negotiate a buyout. Pay him $6 million, get a slap on the wrist, fire Phil (which is what happened anyways), and go hire a great AD and HC without losing half of our starters, and without getting the NCAA hammer come down on us. As always, Tennessee does everything the hard, stupid way!

Not quite as easy doing that to Pruitt. It appears we have much more leverage in Pruitt right now than if we would have done something in December. We will see, but I actually think Plowman knows what she’s doing.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
I am trying not to beat a dead horse but there were RED flags from his time at Georgia.

I agree. Phil was under the gun on the hire and I get that. Pollock, who I detest, even brought it up on Gameday. He was risky.

I’d like to have heard the conversation between Phil and Nick. I’m not into conspiracy theories but genuinely curious if Nick warned him on a few things. I doubt he did.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Chadwell is a likeable guy and impressive what he did but I feel like it’s a big risk. He has done this one year and not proven over a period of time that what he does is sustainable. I think you should have him in the list but not at the top. He should be in the 2nd or 3rd tier
He’s done it twice. At smaller programs yes, but he has repeated his success at 2 different places

Chadwell is a likeable guy and impressive what he did but I feel like it’s a big risk. He has done this one year and not proven over a period of time that what he does is sustainable. I think you should have him in the list but not at the top. He should be in the 2nd or 3rd tier
Based off history we will be down to him in a few days

Don't care. There is zero correlation between growing up a fan of the school and athletic leadership success. If anything, you could argue there's a negative correlation.

Don't mind Chadwell, you know the AP coach of the year. The guy that had Coastal Carolina ranked in the top 10. The guy who told BYU to come get some after BYU said they would play anybody. BYU with probably a top 10 NFL draft pick at QB. The BYU that is known to be physical in the trenches and Coastal ran for 281 yards with players nobody has heard of. The guy that took the beloved Freeze into overtime with what I would guess to be similar talent. Yeah man, Chadwell stinks.

Hey, I’m not a fortune teller. I just read way too many articles and watched how BOB torched down an organization once he had power. Apparently pissed everyone off in the process. Recruited for a season and a half the past 15 years with no ties in our region. Definitely do not think he is in the college game for the long run. His history proves that. His time at PSU is definitely a feather in the hat though.

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back