Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
With every passing hour it becomes more likely.

7 days ago the news broke they he was finalizing a deal with Bama. He even spent time with them before the title game

a few days after that Marrone was rumored and then just a few more days was officially announced

if he isn’t announced by the end of the week it appears to be the obvious starring us in the face

Plus he easily could have been an NFL OC or maybe in a year got NFL HC interviews. He’s a respected coach...yet was gonna take the Bama OC job? Sounds like a guy that wanted back in college

Goodness...is the U-2 still flying or have you been around a bit? The guy I know worked Miami, then Tampa, and then Knox. He was convinced it was military, but going far faster than the SR-71 has ever "officially" gone.

U-2s still fly. I saw one on the ADS-B Exchange site last week flying near Beale AFB where some are stationed.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and sona
Plus he easily could have been an NFL OC or maybe in a year got NFL HC interviews. He’s a respected coach...yet was gonna take the Bama OC job? Sounds like a guy that wanted back in college

I hadn’t thought of that until now.
That makes me feel better about Tenn being his last stop if we hire him

I'm not sure how many of you watch Cobra Kai. I will say a lot of you are acting like a bunch of wussies. It's time to sack up and quit whining. It totally sucks to be where we are right now, but crying about it is not going to get us out of it. What will help is to support our TEAM,whomever is picked to lead it. Your little baby fits about not hiring Freeze or Kiffin do not help anything. Sniping at each other does not help anyone. We have known for awhile that this would not end well. Let's fight our way out. Go Vols.

Johnny said TN coaching searches are not for puzzies

Was hoping with a different coach they would not be 3-7.
It seems kind of obvious to me...bad coach gets talented players, but doesn't develop them ..therefore you fire bad coach and get new coach who is supposed to be good coach and he is able to get those talented players to perform to the level expected from them..so then you don't go 3-7 anymore.

Now you are hopefully getting good coach...but expecting him to squeeze blood out of turnips.

O brien is an NFL guy all the way. He would be gone as soon as an NFL job came up.

He wouldn’t have making the move to Bama if he viewed his next step as the NFL. He could just as easily been an OC in NFL. He told Ty Simpson he missed the relationship side of the game and it’s why he is coming back to college

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back