Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, let me think.... who would take the proud team that’s left and make something of it. Rebuild it and in process rebuild his reputation too.... Forget Sankey and his allegiance to Bama - Hire Hugh Freeze (If he’s willing) and let him get to work.

Reactions: Tnfan41 and Headvol
Bump for personal use.

****At 4:00, we got 5 tons of rock that had to be spread, we made it to church at 7:00, and now we're at basketball practice. And you all hung 50 pages on this thread in 5 hours! I'm just wanting to read the Stoerner post again, when I get caught up.

I do have 1 question, have we hired an AD yet?
According to Kingston, he has reason to believe Plowman/Boyd/UFP went somewhere tonight to meet with a prospective AD

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Unfortunately, I think Pruitt put us in a no-win situation and staffers being angry about pay cuts probably forced us to self investigate. My gut feelings (no taco bell).

Also, Steele has done a lousy job of "holding the team together".

Actually, it was a great idea. You think Chaney or Ansley could hold this together while they look for their next job? No. We just saved money firing a coach, so paying Steele 450k is nothing. It’s fine. They just need to get an AD and HC in place within a week or so.

It’s probably just wishful thinking, but I’m hoping Pruitt’s judgement on other positions was as lousy as it was at QB, and maybe some of our reserves, if given some opportunities, are as good, or maybe even better than some of the starters that are bailing. I’m pulling extra hard for the guys that are sticking by the team at a time when it would be easy to leave.
I’m hoping that the outside LB’s pass rushers that we’re on the bench are better than the starters. I believe they were highly rated coming out of HS

Reactions: A.J.
I think we hear something on our new AD in the next 48 hours. Maybe, we’re lucky and we have one in place in 48 hours. But at the very least, I do think we’ll hear something.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
It’s a ball thrown 65 yards to the opposite hash while falling away...... that’s elite arm talent which you cannot coach and not one single QB on our roster has had in a long time. There’s a reason why he was an all American. Just saying i think he is definitely worth taking a chance on.
It’s a nice play. I was only responding to your comment he would come in and start from day one. Just don’t think our QB room is in bad shape right now. We’re over the JG hump and have a two years of top QB recruits and a transfer with potential. Don’t think we are in USCj’s situation where they need to reach...

We just sent this program to new depths (not to mention possible sabotaging the entire AD), and many of you seem to still think this is a win.

It is impossible to know the outcome at this point. The die has been cast, pissing and moaning will not change anything. This could very well be a win, if not we are literally in the same position that we have been in for the last decade.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Unfortunately, I think Pruitt put us in a no-win situation and staffers being angry about pay cuts probably forced us to self investigate. My gut feelings (no taco bell).
Hadn't considered this angle. When that article came out about coaches refusing pay cuts, I wouldn't put it past a bitter employee with knowledge taking action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back