Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone in sports is worth $8M a year
Me neither. It's ridiculous what salaries and especially buyouts have become. UT priced me out of going to the stadium years ago.

Family plan, basketball season tickets were affordable when Pearl was here but I've never been able to afford or even justify football season tickets. I took my 2 sons to their 1st UT game last year (USCjr). I had over $200 in 3 upper level tickets, 3 cokes, parking at Ft Sanders, and lunch at the Cookout. How much will a day like that be when we're paying a coach $8 million?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
No good...proven power 5 HC is gonna touch this job...active or retired.

We better hope to God we can get Napier or Chadwell...because that's as good as we are going to do.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This is why we need Chadwell. He does more with less. Plays to his players skill sets and abilities. That’s what we need. Not Steele who is gonna do the same as Pruitt but maybe worse.

We need Campbell that could turn this program around immediately.

We are idiots for causing this mess. Only at Tennessee do we self investigate to get rid of our coach to avoid a buyout. When has a school ever done this? No big name is going to Come here because of this. Should of paid his buy out and moved on. We will never learn from our mistakes
Everyone in P5 has known what we have been doing. It was only a matter of time.

Gilly... gonna need you to pump the breaks and take a deep breath. Just me and you talking here pal.

Let’s go over what we KNOW and whats really not even debatable. Pruitt was running this program into the ground... literally.just Ignore the results this year and all the things going on behind the scenes and the way Pruitt was handling himself and others... was ultimately going to end in complete failure. We would’ve been at the mercy of the NCAA within a year or two AT BEST.

Ok now let’s get to the field. In year 3 under Pruitt... who was supposed to be “an elite defensive mind” and teacher by trade.....(lol) we could not line up correctly on defense. There’s a reason why every single team we played attacked us in the same exact way and they did it over and over again. Middle of the field and in the flats. That is alignment issues because we were constantly lined up too deep or outside of inside breaking WRs/TEs. When we tried to play zone... our defenders that had outside leverage on the boundaries constantly creeped or peaked in which is why against Florida for example.... they probably threw 10 HB wheel routes. This is why we lossed to teams with inferior talent like Vanderbilt, GA State, Kentucky, etc. it’s also a reason why when we played actual good QBs ie: Missouri year 1... they absolutely carve us up because we are literally giving opponents easy throws

I’m not even going to bring up our offense lol.

Now, we are going to get an actual AD that does everything (not just football), knows how to build and run programs/teams. Our Boosters are basically hand picking the AD so now we will finally get to be ran like the elite programs where the money trusts the AD/Chancellor and they will let them do their jobs. It’s 1000x more likely we find success through that Avenue vs what we have been doing the last two decades.
I know Pruitt's problems..I have repeated said he had to go, but the AA didn't have and wouldn't have had **** on us..we did that to ourself...We immolated the program just to get rid of Pruitt and Fulmer cheaper and a year early.

We ain't getting a good coach, to think otherwise at this late point is laughable...I mean the idiot is going to drag the AD hire out...I mean come the hell on man...while they are fiddling..the roster is going to bleed even more talent, and recruiting a good 22 class is a pipe dream..so what was the point in all of this right now?

Ok..so when we do finally get around to hiring whatever lame duck reject is insane enough to deal with this night mare...who exactly worth a damn is he going to be able to get as staff to come that late?

This is a freaking bungled nightmare. If we come out of this with anything resembling a good head coach and staff...it will be pure luck.

They knew this crap in Oct-Nov...why didn't they just rightfully fire Pruitt at the end of the season fir performance and tell Fulmer he could either go along with it or be gone too? Just to save 12 million? To ruin peoples lives?...This is all crazy to me....they all suck.

With Luke Fickell, you're getting an OSU Alum who will probably always see that as his dream job. Can we have long-term success with him? I get he has done great things at Cincinnati. But also, do we want to sign on to accept yet another coach from Cincinnati?

They are still saying the same things about Dabo. Granted, Day could bolt for the NFL soon. OSU has unlimited funds. But if the buyout is big we could use it to buy the next big hire after the program has been rebuilt with a really good coach. Just don't see him agreeing to come, but would be happy if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back