Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted more assurance and reasons WHY we should not care about our reputation with the national media, and why we should hire a guy like Kiffin or Freeze, look no further than the BS spewed on 104.5 by Dennis Dodd and Bruce Feldman.

The national media HATES Tennessee. They will continue to clown our program and try their best to bury us deep with their angry tweets for as long as this Earth exists. It’s long past time we stopped trying to placate a group of people that will NEVER like us. Instead, maybe we should try winning football games and pleasing the fanbase.

It’s the biggest sin of the university—trying to make hires that will one day make us look good in the eyes of the blue checks.

Feldman ripped us to shreds and spat in our face. Why we try to get people like him to like us rather than just hire the best coach will never make sense to me....

Lol why in the hell would anyone speak highly of UT right now? They should rip us to shreds.

We are a joke. We have been since hiring Derek Dooley. People saying that aren’t being mean, they’re being honest.

UT was always going to pay Fulmer. He didn't want to be dragged through the mud, and UT is going to want confidentiality. Bet he didn't want any part of that presser and doesn't really want to be around some of these folks right now.

Marrone has had way more success than Kiffin has had as a head coach and assistant coach. He also got the ball rolling downhill here. If you can’t win at USC, you’re not a good coach.

Bad take!..early in his career and USC had heavy heavy sanctions against them!..USC still hasn’t been the same since.

Reactions: HomeGrownVol
For those of you who think Fulmer is fired----they are working out his retirement details right now.
$450 per year through 2023
$37.5K per month

Fire away haters
You don't work out retirement in the public eye, if it was just a retirement then there would be no need to announce that you was working on a settlement.

Marrone has had way more success than Kiffin has had as a head coach and assistant coach. He also got the ball rolling downhill here. If you can’t win at USC, you’re not a good coach.
You're aware USC was going through sanctions while Lane was there, correct? 2 year post season ban and 30 lost scholarships. Not a lot of people could have succeeded under those conditions.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Lol why in the hell would anyone speak highly of UT right now? They should rip us to shreds.

We are a joke. We have been since hiring Derek Dooley. People saying that aren’t being mean, they’re being honest.

This isn’t just some new trend since the 2017 coaching search. They’ve hated us for decades. Yeah, we’re a mess right now, but we’re partially a mess because we never make the right hire because we’re too afraid to hire certain people cause it make upset the national media and create angry columns.

I’m genuinely thinking this is the full reset that Tennessee has needed for about 10 years.

Let the players who want to be here stick around and move forward with a totally clean slate. New AD hires the coach they want and let’s that coach build the program how they want instead of trying to tweak what the previous guy did.

Fans are gonna have to be patient....which we usually suck at!

1) Henry is enrolled in classes so my guess is he will be here for a while. Will give the new coach time to win him over, but he’s now getting calls from Saban and others. He’s as good as gone.
2) just makes the likelihood of a good hiring even slimmer

It’s my opinion we all should coalesce around Jamey Chadwell, because from what I’ve heard, the opinion in house is that Steele would be a better hire than someone from that tier.

Time to apply some (realistic) pressure.

This one really sucks. New hire could get him to withdraw his name.
Got a feeling they already know who the AD and HC will be....just been holding back announcement to not look like Pruitt got Texas'd...(to go along with everything else) maybe portal entries speed up announcement?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I expected to lose Henry. But, we have signed 3 other 4* ILBs over the last 2 classes. None of them are Henry's level, but we have depth. We have no depth at LT. We are on our 3rd string LT, whoever that is.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back