Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of person sits around and comes up with all these sayings?
A guy who is more "motivational speaker" than "football coach."

One thing I've heard about Fleck is that when he comes in, "Row the Boat" or whatever other stupid s**t he's come up with supersedes any kind of history or tradition that you might already have at the school. Can you imagine Neyland's Maxims replaced with Row the Boat, even if we were winning? I don't think it would work here.

Appears to me that the back channeling with coaches has lead to a few candidates being comfortable with the defensive hires.
That's exactly why I think the new HC is already "chosen" and likely was before Pruitt was let go. We're just waiting on other things to take its course. AV has already alluded to he will like the next AD and HC so I'm sure he likely knows who it is or those we are seriously in play for that have approved the Steele move.

Reactions: UTopia
I think a lot of you just aren’t taking in consideration being the AD at a large SEC program..while the football program is down there are so many programs they oversee. basketball baseball and our track and field teams are big...if you think we are going to hire just a yes man AD that is sitting in negotiations right now and is being told “Steele is your guy” from the chancellor and president, I got some beach front property to sell you in Kansas. Let it play out fellas....

Reactions: Batman1948
The fact none of our insiders can put the Steele talk to bed. Tells me all I need to know. @Atlanta VOL @MetalVolunteer @matts42012 @skeeter33418
Guess the big money didn’t come to play after all. We aren’t hearing any good name coaches. The high of a coaching change got us again. We will make a subpar hire. Kevin is hiring assistants and chumming it up with the chancellor. He’s snaked his way into contention again just like he did Auburn.
LOL, eat a Snickers and lay low for a little while. Don't get too sucked into the roller coaster of this thing.

How has this dude not been hit with a lawsuit? He has an unsourced screenshot claiming it’s from The University of Tennessee.

And 37.5K is 450K a year, wasn’t Fulmer’s contract 900k+ a year?
He probably rushed the screenshot to Twitter to be "first" to break the news.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Stupid question, just how much FU money are we talking? FU money as in paying buyout for experienced P5 coach plus assistant money? Any G5 or less coach is not FU money. FU money says to me we are going in and taking a coach from a successful program and will be a home run type hire for any program. Campbell Freeze Kiffin Herman Fickel, anything less is not FU money hire
Throw in another million to pay out Fulmers severance.

Reactions: krogers
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back