Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadwell would be an excellent hire. People here would have been crapping on Urban Meyer before Florida because “He hadn’t done it in a power five school”.
I am not saying Chadwell would be a bad hire or anything like that, but the 2021 SEC is VERY different than 2005 SEC when Urb showed up.....Fulmer, Spurrier, Tubs were all past their prime and most of the rest speak for themselves.

2005 coaches
Les Miles
Mark Richt
Mike Shula
Phillip Fulmer
Steve Spurrier
Tommy Tubberville
Bobby Johnson
Houston Nutt
Rick Brooks
Sylvester Croom
Ed Orgeron

2021 coaches
Nick Saban
Dan Mullen
Mark Stoops
Jimbo Fisher
Kirby Smart
Mike Leach
Sam Pittman
Eli Drinkwitz
Lane Kiffin
Ed Orgeron (older and wiser?)
Shane Beamer
Bryan Harsin
Clark Lea

I’d almost bet that Boyd and Plowman have their AD and coach in the wings. With the go ahead Steele is putting together a staff that the HC wants. He’s there to support whomever it may be.

I hope it's just misdirection...

I’d almost bet that Boyd and Plowman have their AD and coach in the wings. With the go ahead Steele is putting together a staff that the HC wants. He’s there to support whomever it may be.
Exactly. And he’s allowed to hire Garner this week to help keep the team intact and recruit to finish the class. Time is of the essence.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

It’s also possible they’re hiring Garner (or someone else) under an MOU that gives both him and the new coach an out if one doesn’t want to work with the other.

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
Do you know how hard it is to win 7 or 8 games at Oklahoma. It’s so easy to win there lol.

Well he averaged 10.5 a season there...

You have plenty of other reasons to not want Bob. Brother is at Kentucky, hasn’t coached college in 4 years, he’s 60 & a Spurrier guy.

But trying to discredit him because “it’s easy to win 8 games at OU” when the man is one of the winningest coaches in all of college football...not the hill to die on.

Not when you’re pumping up a guy who has only had 2 seasons with more than 8 wins in his 8 year career.

I get bringing on Rodney Garner for DL - almost any coach would like to have him - but why hire Kevin Simon for an on-field role? That's the type of hire the new coach should make. It's not like Kevin Simon is in jeopardy of being snatched up if we wait two weeks.
Henry T. That’s why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back