Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it then tell us if this lines up with things you have heard. I would really hope most of it isn't true.
I hope it is. Counter-intuitively, we want a) Pruitt to have truly been a horrible personality who was killing our upside b) that he was so bad that we were looking for a good way to fire him w/o paying him and c) the violations fully justify what we did because if that's not true then no one else will want to come here.

Given what happened, the best case scenario is that he was an absolute **** show behind the scenes.

I was just being stupid with my answer, but I bet I get the right answer more times than not on this question.
You're right about that. I think at one point he represented 11/14 SEC head coaches. And Fulmer. Saban and his entire coaching tree, including our most recent coach. Pretty crazy.

He hasn't won big there since 17 and is on the back side of his career. He hasn't had the same success since they moved to the Big 12. Patterson should have been hired in 2010 but Hamilton sailed that ship

Look, if you want a proven track record who hasn’t had any NCAA related issues there are maybe 6 names higher than Patterson.

Only 3 losing seasons in 21 years & has won conference championships in 3 different conferences during that time.

You're right about that. I think at one point he represented 11/14 SEC head coaches. And Fulmer. Saban and his entire coaching tree, including our most recent coach. Pretty crazy.
I wouldn't want to even know how much money that dude has made off of our University, let alone how much he has made from the rest of college/pro sports.

Look, if you want a proven track record who hasn’t had any NCAA related issues there are maybe 6 names higher than Patterson.

Only 3 losing seasons in 21 years & has won conference championships in 3 different conferences during that time.
He's a defensive guy, on the back side of his career and the SEC is an offensive league now. Square peg meet round hole

Don't check in much on WMU and Minn football. Records are good. No experience in the south, and he seems very corny though. What makes him stand out more than some others?
He recruited Rashod Bateman out of Tifton, GA and coached him into being a first round pick. Plus he coached up Corey Davis. He’s a damn good coach

He wins. Football is football. Where it takes place is irrelevant. Took both programs to their highest win totals in a season. Elite WR coach. Played WR in the NFL. Got NFL WRs at both stops... even while an assistant at Rutgers. Straight up Grinder.
I’ll take him as a WR coach then. Hard Pass on HC.

And agree to disagree on “where” winning in football is irrelevant.

Fleck would recruit like a madman here. He brings excitement, experience, and is without a doubt a proven winner. He definitely fits what Boyd and Plowman are looking for.
I don't think we would lose any of our QBs and I think he would develop our WRs. He had some decent skills guys come out of there. He also built their defense into a formidable unit, especially their secondary.

Above all else, he knows how to handle the media. I do think that he has the qualifications to be the head coach at Tennessee. I would imagine that he presents well to players and families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back