Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what you want. Mark Ingram for AD. He is incredible. Look at his record. He would be AD for YEARS and YEARS. Dream job.

HC wise will depend on AD. I like Lane with Steele as DC. Haslems with Manning leading search. Haslems close with Lane.
AV and 99vawl liked this. All aboard the Lane Train.

TIL the infamous "line" from Star Wars, "Luke, I am your father" was never actually said in the movie. As a fairly big SW fan, I sure feel stupid now. I never noticed that Vader says, "No, I am your father".

Darn you, Chris Farley. The Mandela Effect got me.

Fruit of the Loom logo not having a cornucopia, Chick-Fil-A not being a weird spelling (always thought it was Chic-Fil-A), and Ed McMahon never personally handing over the giant checks for Publisher's Clearing House are huge mind****s for me.

Been busy all day...what’s the word about potential HC? Please don’t tell me Steele is the option
Then don’t ask the same ones that were telling you JP was not going anywhere 2 days ago! Different day , same ole we are screwed answer.
When the next coach is hired it will have gone from:
Anyone but JP
Anyone but JP or Steele
Anyone but JP , Steele , or (insert coach here)
We’re screwed!

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Sounds like it’ll be Ingram or Gilbert as AD. Hoping it’s Ingram.

I think the new HC is going to make most of us happy. If it were me I’d hire Freeze or Kiffin. I’m not sure they will do that so I hope they open up the checkbook and make Fickell or Campbell say yes.
I agree, I'm all in on Ingram for AD and Kiffin or Campbell for coach. Just don't wanna get my hopes up to be disappointed again.

Lane with Steele is a National Championship winning coaching staff.
I really can't allow myself to believe they will hire Lane Kiffin, but if they do I may have to get a Twitter account because #VolTwitter is going to unleash hell and it is going to be lit AF for a few years.

On the "Gilbert is a Bammer" notion, how? He worked there for a short time, but he worked at Tennessee longer (I think). His son chose Tennessee.

If you're gonna knock Gilbert, knock him for leading the Donnie Tyndall hire. I don't think it's fair to call him a Bammer.
Tyndall was not under investigation at Southern Miss when he was hired at UT. One of his assistants, who wanted to come with him to UT, ratted him out to the NCAA when Tyndall didn't bring him with him. Had nothing to do with Gilbert not vetting him properly.

Tyndall was not under investigation at Southern Miss when he was hired at UT. One of his assistants, who wanted to come with him to UT, ratted him out to the NCAA when Tyndall didn't bring him with him. Had nothing to do with Gilbert not vetting him properly.

That’s fair

"Before his experience at Tennessee, Gilbert worked for nearly 17 years at Alabama where he served in multiple roles, including associate athletics director from 2009 to 2011. There, the development office generated $82 million in gifts and pledges for the Crimson Tide Foundation and Gilbert had oversight of the marketing and promotions department, as well as all facets of the ticket office and seat licensing program."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back