Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could tell they were not using the search firm by the way Plowman addressed it in the press conference. They already had a target.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the firm was hired for head coaches and we released it as we hired them for the AD search. A little trickery.
The last part has been my thinking all along. You’ve got your people figured out as AD candidates, but get the search firm going on coaching candidates.

Though they were hired before any jobs came officially open.

TIL the infamous "line" from Star Wars, "Luke, I am your father" was never actually said in the movie. As a fairly big SW fan, I sure feel stupid now. I never noticed that Vader says, "No, I am your father".

Darn you, Chris Farley. The Mandela Effect got me.

Fruit Loops or Froot Loops?

. Who do you think is possible if you care elaborate
I think if they’re serious, and open up the checkbook, they can get a younger bigtime coach like Campbell or Fickell. Definitely guys like Freeze, Kiffin and Herman. Not sure who they’ll target yet until they hire an AD. I think worst case if all those guys say no they can always get Chadwell.

I think only way it ends up being Steele is if the NCAA hammers UT but I don’t think they will.

Sell me on Ingram

I’m not as well versed, but I know he’s got a great history in development. Was really involved in Funding Anderson Training Center.

He’s done a good job reviving UAB’s program and has been great for development and facilities there as well.

From what I understand, he’s good at building relationships with big money boosters and sponsors. That’s a major plus for me.

Which direction do you think we go for AD and Coach Ron? What's your opinion and what's your wish for both?
Sounds like it’ll be Ingram or Gilbert as AD. Hoping it’s Ingram.

I think the new HC is going to make most of us happy. If it were me I’d hire Freeze or Kiffin. I’m not sure they will do that so I hope they open up the checkbook and make Fickell or Campbell say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back