Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you people remember Halloween of 2009?The team did their warmups in orange jerseys and then came out in black jerseys for the game.I loved those black jerseys and we killed South Carolina that night. I wanted Kiffen back when they hired Pruitt.He would be my choice.

Was there and actually ended up randomly riding an elevator with Lane and Monte at the Crowne Plaza that day. The door opened up to go down and there they stood. Asked Lane if the rumors that we were going to bust out the black jerseys were true and he just smiled at me. Monte was very outgoing and polite to my then girlfriend, now wife.

It was a last minute decision to go to that game and we had to stay in a smoking room that smelled like an ashtray, but it was all worthwhile for the memories. SCjr had no chance when we trotted out there with Lane at the helm.

Last edited:
You know you're in the honeymoon stage of a coaching search when people are shooting down the idea of guys like Billy Napier. People forget how this goes. Just wait til we see what the list looks like in 3-4 weeks when we're talking about the Dave Doeren's of the world.

I’m ready to kill for Napier now. I hope we can get someone like him.

Reactions: sspineda
Its an ongoing debate in my head. But im thinking that is why Kirby did it. To get the heat off him.

If he heard Mims (and maybe others) was paid, I don’t think he had any choice but to pass that along, if it comes out later after Mims plays in games he could be looking at forfeiting games. Just my 2 cents, he would be making himself part of a coverup if he knew and didn’t report.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back