Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Gus at all. Another thing about him though, he just got $10 mil from Auburn and is receiving an another $11 mil in payments. Would you want to go through the stress of this rebuild when you can take it easy for a while and cherry pick what job you want?
Depends on how you are wired. Gus seems laid back enough that what you are saying could very well be true.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
What made us deserve this? When did we sell our soul to the devil? I don't think we sold our soul in the 90s for 1 championship ring so when did we? Is this a curse? Who started this curse? I remember a voodoo username a long long time ago who cursed us for beating LSU in 2005. Are they the one we need to meet up with?

The key is to hire the devil like bama did.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
It's the same premise. A basic QB option offense with a limited passing game. Chadwell throws in a motion or two and now its the greatest thing ever. SMH
They led their conference in passing and averaged like 140 more ypg than Kentucky in the air. They killed Liberty in the air with over 300 yards and Liberty had a top 10 defense coming into that game.

I liked him when he was with the titans. When he went to the rams he was very underwhelming on offense. After they replaced him, the offense got much better. He would be a meh hire imo
But the Rams were really down when he came. He have to remember that and look how many years he was in the NFL. That alone would lure a lot of recruits. I understand everybody has their favs and their not so favs and I doubt Fisher would even get consideration anyway.

Basilio said he believes Plowman may not just rubber stamp Gilbert in, thinks she wants an actual search.
He also said Gordon Whitehair who has ties to UT has a relationship with Napier.
Surely the first question in every interview would be "In this list of coaches, who would you try to hire, and do you think you could hire successfully?"

Treating this like two completely seperate job openings would be insane. But, wouldn't put it past them.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I tend to believe in consistency among coaching lists - if someone is repeated over and over, it's likely to be a solid pick as a legitimate candidate. Dooley in 2010 and Schiano in 2017 come to mind.

After pouring over all the lists, there are two consistent names as both realistic and near the top: Kevin Steele and Jamey Chadwell.

There are others down the list a bit, and I weigh Hyams, VQ and Feldman a little more heavily than others: Bill Clark, Lance Leipold and Will Healy.

This job is not going to be highly coveted - if a coach at a G5 program thinks he will get a better opportunity by waiting a year or two, they will do it.

Bill Clark turned down Auburn once they mandated he keep Kevin Steele - so for that reason I have a hard time believing he'd take the chance here.

Steele, Chadwell and Healy see this as the dream job. Leipold likely will never get another chance if he wants to test his mettle in the SEC. I think the hire will be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back