Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will also add do you think that staff had any friends in the building after they refused to take a pay cut?

Tee and Jay yes.
That’s the issue..... we get too worried about these insignificant things instead of winning football games which is where all of our focus needs to be.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
From a Texas $9.95 site:

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

Speculation is that they are talking about Eric Gray
Well Pruitt may have f@#ked up Gray's eligibility and Pruitt is about to be blacklisted

Good morning, Vols.

Are we ready for another day of this?

giphy.gif

Sign of where we are, but halfway through an episode of Sportscenter and not a word about Pruitt being fired. That speaks to the national perception of our program IMO.

15 to 20 years ago that's very likely the lead story.
My thoughts exactly. I expected it to be the lead. Sad but true. We have becone an NC State type program. An also ran.

Reactions: ugg and UTwild82
somebody posted a gif of him kissing all of them on the necks as they were walking into stadium on game day (like during our volwalk )

Heck, I wouldn't care if they put on nipple tassels and gave deep tissue rubs if they could run a program and win.
But NOT being able to do both, (sometimes either) seems to be in our top criteria.

Meh, it's obvious the NCAA was on this from the beginning, while Bama, UGA and Clemson just keep ...

We're not allowed a seat at the big boy table. Our hire will be us bottom feeding vs limping along as upper middlings.
And honestly, I've seen nothing to suggest we'll aim as high as middle.

I’m excited and nervous all at the same time
@Ulysees E. McGill is right, this program may be dead if a Steele type hire is made and Tennessee fans shouldn’t lay down and accept that type of hire
We should demand the best
The next hire will show what direction they want to go

@Ulysees E. McGill is right, this program may be dead if a Steele type hire is made and Tennessee fans shouldn’t lay down and accept that type of hire

#stopthesteele the hashtag is already written

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
You're the same type person who ran off every other kind of insider that decided to come on here and share just table scraps worth of information. Just sit back and take it for what it's worth, instead of whining like a petulant, self-entitled child that is owed the truth, just because you asked for it.

You have lost your mind. I love LA and have always interacted with him in a positive way.

There is only ONE insider here I have a problem with and that’s because that ONE insider participated in burning this program down to get his selfish way.
He thought/thinks what he was exposing wouldn’t hurt the program with penalties. I think he added up badly but time with tell if his own words were correct.

Atlanta VOL said:
If that is what it takes....so be it. Tired of sucking.

Atlanta VOL said:
What he has been involved with wouldn’t hurt the program from a penalty perspective...I am not trying to sink the ship. Just get a new crew.

Hubbs took it easy on them.
Today was a cluster f***.

Everyone involved.

From the disgraced coaches, the tired AD, to the president of the university.

No wonder Tennessee football is on its ass. These are the people in charge

What a Joke.
Has Fulmer ever taken any responsibility for anything he's been involved in? He takes all the praise and glory he can and sits there with his right hand stuck out in front of him like his ring is a shield.

Even as the house was burning down around him during that press conference he showed no responsibility for anything. He just accepted more praise.

You have lost your mind. I love LA and have always interacted with him in a positive way.

There is only ONE insider here I have a problem with and that’s because that ONE insider participated in burning this program down to get his selfish way.
He thought/thinks what he was exposing wouldn’t hurt the program with penalties. I think he added up badly but time with tell if his own words were correct.

Atlanta VOL said:
If that is what it takes....so be it. Tired of sucking.

Atlanta VOL said:
What he has been involved with wouldn’t hurt the program from a penalty perspective...I am not trying to sink the ship. Just get a new crew.
Please for the love of God move on. If you can’t tell already nobody cares about your opinion of @Atlanta VOL and you keep mucking up these pages with your idiotic takes.

Pretty sure that's how we ended up w Pruitt. I just hope someone with a brain will hire a legit AD and coach with experience winning. I don't think we could do better than Kiffin as far as product on the field.

Reactions: volfaninpa
About the snitch:

Wasn't AV or a coup attempt.

A person complained to someone who worked directly for Plowman about players getting improper benefits and not giving a crap. They told Plowman and she acted. Genie out of the bottle. A little bitchin' that got to the wrong people.

I was told the name of both people. It serves no purpose to say them because it will bring an avalanche of hate down on them and their family.

I was told yesterday that it is out there and will break. Tifwiw.
In other words, a bunch of clucking hens brought the hammer down. Probably read someone's posts here on VN, lol.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Has Fulmer ever taken any responsibility for anything he's been involved in? He takes all the praise and glory he can and sits there with his right hand stuck out in front of him like his ring is a shield.

Even as the house was burning down around him during that press conference he showed no responsibility for anything. He just accepted more praise.

He did say recruiting has been good 🙄

My guess is we’re going to look for the Rick Barnes football equivalent. Someone with experience who can rebuild an actual culture from the ground up. By many standards it will be a boring hire but may work out in the long run.
The one who stands out to me on the VQ list in this mold is Jim Caldwell.

I am skeptical he’s taking a college job, however.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back