Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think Plowman and Boyd handled today?

-Hubbs
Geez Fulmer trying to say something positive about Pruitt’s tenure was painful to listen to. I kept saying to myself....don’t say recruiting as he stumbled through an answer. Sure enough he went there. We all now know why recruiting is what he did well (in Fulmer’s opinion).

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
From a Texas $9.95 site:

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

Speculation is that they are talking about Eric Gray

Well he was still coaching Bama while he was our head coach so recruiting for Texas while he is our head coach isn't out of character.

Would be literally the stupidest thing they could do. You wouldn't land anyone and who the hell are you going to hire as assistants for a one year gig?

And people are worried about an underwhelming hire. They would probably sign like 10 kids. It would flatline the program. This is not the same situation as Ohio St. before Urban

Reactions: uppereasttnvol
From a Texas $9.95 site:

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

Speculation is that they are talking about Eric Gray
Why would Gray go there to be a backup to Bijan Robinson? He has one more year and can go to the NFL.

Reactions: 4chrissy
I wonder if there is a plan because I wonder why make a coach that has been here a week interim instead of Ansley or Chaney - someone the players know. You would think they could relate to the players better. Also, there was a blurb about Steele being okay with one of the coaches they had vetted.

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
Would we get Herman at a discount like Steele since Texas still owes him millions?
Maybe, but walking in knowing you’re in charge of fixing the mess that’s created is a different animal than being hired into the mess... Herman will want his money lol, as would I for having to clean all this crap up! JMO of course

I know a lot of people want an offensive mind as HC, but first and foremost it should be a good people person/CEO.

We’ve flip flopped on coaches with different schemes/philosophies and cultures for the last 4-5 searches now, but I’m not sure we’ve had a leader that young men can follow and a person who can manage a coaching staff/department.

I don’t think Steele/Marrone types would be as bad as people are making them out to be, because I think they could do these things.

Obviously there’s some names I’d prefer, but wouldn’t be upset if they were ahead of some names either. Idk if Herman can do that based on the rumors that came out of Texas. Chadwell would be a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back