Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadwell is national coach of the year. That’s high profile. Herman was the it coach 4 years ago, and did well at Texas. Kiffin has talked to our boosters, that’s not message board chatter. These are high profile names
I wish I can share the optimism. I have seen 4 coaching searches for the Vols in my life time and all have been disastrous in their own ways. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Do we have any lawyers in here that can give us a perspective or % on the odds of Pruitt winning his case against the university?..seems pretty slim and a uphill climb to me because they did find violations

And none of them check the boxes that ole girl laid out today. Herman has the same attitude Pruitt has, Kiffin left us once then got USC put on probation and I assume since she was so dead set on following rules by the letter of the law today that Chadwell wouldn’t be allowed either, even though his violations in the past weren't his fault.
Wasn’t it Carroll that put USC on probation? Seriously asking.

I wish I can share the optimism. I have seen 4 coaching searches for the Vols in my life time and all have been disastrous in their own ways. I'm not getting my hopes up.
Oh don’t get me wrong. We’re 100% hiring Steele. But we don’t have to. We could have one of those 3

Reactions: Catbone
Chadwell should be the floor. Can’t wait to hear all the griping when his new age triple option gets old and our rivals laugh at that gimmick offense. I’d give him a shot but I don’t have faith it would work.

No it wasn't we are in 100% a better position. And will be in 2 years then we were/are/wouldve been with Pruitt. Nail this hire and TN gets to Atlanta quickly. Keep Pruitt and you're just extending the inevitable

Both us need to wait to see what the ncaa penalties and aftershocks are from
This before we say this is a good or bad day. Neither of us really know at this point

One thing i haven’t seen mentioned is how will Plowman be viewed from coaches. If this job is seen as one that you have to get into the cheating weeds to win she’s made it clear she won’t allow that. That may be bad news going forward

another thing I have seen very little mentioned about is how long before this is final?
If the sanctions aren’t official for a long period of time the 2022 class will be hurt hard with negative recruiting.

Where are all the Fulmerite’s who constantly make excuses for his incompetence? Not sure if you listened to TB today but he put just as much culpability on Fulmer as Pruitt. I guess you see why nobody wanted him as a HC after we terminated him the first time. He should have been fired today just like Pruitt. Where is the accountability?

Chadwell should be the floor. Can’t wait to hear all the griping when his new age triple option gets old and our rivals laugh at that gimmick offense. I’d give him a shot but I don’t have faith it would work.

Triple option will not work in the SEC...side line to sideline you do not wanna run with Bama or UGA it’s that simple...#FREEZEME #MERRYFLIPMAS only two options

Oh don’t get me wrong. We’re 100% hiring Steele. But we don’t have to. We could have one of those 3
I just don't think Chadwell is the guy if we are going to judge our coaches on the ability to beat Mullen, Smart, and Saban (which no one can). Herman realistically can and so can Kiffin.

I would say we initiated the investigation. Turned it over to the NCAA and fired all involved.

NCAA hammers us after doing it the right way...

Why self report?

When your in-house counsel doesn't give you the free and clear for what you want to do, you hire outside counsel to dig deeper, find more and give you the go-ahead to execute your play. Knowing the law firm you hired advises full disclosure. Means to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back