Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
that’s not how it works. This was coming regardless if we went 3-7, 10-0, or 5-5. If you don’t get in front of this and try to self police that’s when you get SMUd and really taken to the shed by the NCAA. That’s what you don’t want.
My question is; and, Hank, you may be able to answer this: what Pruitt was doing, does it go on at other universities? I know they all cheat, and cheat big; but, what Pruitt was doing, was it something different, or just sloppy?

If it's the same things that go on everywhere, do you truly think "this was coming regardless", if we had went 8-2 or better?

It happened the way we thought it would happen. He got too cocky and let his “recruiters” go wild.

I didn’t think Fulmer would be out immediately, but my guess is he didn’t want to do the job once it was clear he wasn’t in charge.

Fascinated by the AD search. Gilbert seems like the leader in the clubhouse, with Mark Ingram maybe second. No way to know how the coaching search goes without knowing who is in that spot.

I don’t share the optimism others do that we’re going to get a coach everyone can agree with. I think this job is very damaged goods. Some of the lists on here crack me up.
I think Reggie McKenZie would make an absolutely fantastic AD.

Imagine being Lane Kiffin and going from Matt Corral to Kaidon Salter.

I’m sure Kiffin is salivating at the thought of coaching a QB like Salter.

But, we care more about how Pat Forde and Stewart Mandel talk about our program so we’ll hire a dud in the hopes of them writing flowery columns about us.
Not only that. Look at what Kiffin did with Eli Moore this year.
Hyatt is 10x better. We would have our own Devante Smith

Imagine being Lane Kiffin and going from Matt Corral to Kaidon Salter.

I’m sure Kiffin is salivating at the thought of coaching a QB like Salter.

But, we care more about how Pat Forde and Stewart Mandel talk about our program so we’ll hire a dud in the hopes of them writing flowery columns about us.
Whats wrong with Corral? He was really highly rated and a top 100 player coming out of high school and every big school offered him.

If I’m Plowman I’m telling the NCAA “look motha fkers we self reported these cheats and still only got a 6th in the SEC class. You try and burn us and we’re exposing everything we know about the cheating ass SEC. Bama ain’t clean. Georgia ain’t clean. Florida ain’t clean. Auburn ain’t clean. How ugly you want **** to get? Your move.”

It happened the way we thought it would happen. He got too cocky and let his “recruiters” go wild.

I didn’t think Fulmer would be out immediately, but my guess is he didn’t want to do the job once it was clear he wasn’t in charge.

Fascinated by the AD search. Gilbert seems like the leader in the clubhouse, with Mark Ingram maybe second. No way to know how the coaching search goes without knowing who is in that spot.

I don’t share the optimism others do that we’re going to get a coach everyone can agree with. I think this job is very damaged goods. Some of the lists on here crack me up.

I keep hearing the name "Gilbert" for AD.
Who we talking about? I literally don't know.
Thanks in advance (to you or whomever answers).

Edit - Several Answers, Thanks. That's enough for me and everyone catching up. For those catching up, keep reading a few more posts ... RF is quick.

Last edited:
I just know Mayo was a hot name on a lot of NFL boards during this past coaching carousel. I’m not advocating him as college is so much different than the NFL. Recruiting is everything.

I just think Mayo is a really good coach and I don’t think Tee can coach worth a sh##. I don’t think they should be in the same conversation.
Mayo is a fantastic coach but nows not the time, you cannot bring another coach in here with zero HC experience especially with the NCAA stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back