Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can. Lamar isn’t going to sit back and carve a team up but he doesn’t have to. Their play action pass game should be so much but they simply don’t have the weapons to take advantage of it. I would love to see Allen Robinson in Baltimore.

As a Bears fan keep your mouth shut. Lol

“QB Play was awful”
*brings in a top transfer QB with Hendon Hooker and gets rid of the cancerous Jarrett Guarantano*

“OL was a dissappointment”
*fired the OLine coach*

“DL was terrible”
*likely about to bring in one of the nations top DL coaches*

“We can’t pass rush”
*replaces Deandre Johnson and Kivon Bennett with Dylan Brooks and Big Kat Bryant

“Linebackers can’t cover”
*brings in Kevin Steele*

So far Pruitt has addressed multiple needs. Lot of work for a “fired” head coach

If he makes a good OL coaching hire, brings in Gilbert and brings in a solid nickel DB to help the slant pass what complaints will we have left
Every single one of these is a stretch among stretches. Players at UT are always at their best before they ever have to touch the field.

Hendon Hooker is not a top transfer QB. Try to stay in this reality.

He didn't fire Friend.

Speculation.

A disappointment and a freshman.

Yet another defensive coordinator who hasn't coached a position group in years.

I appreciate your info most of the time. But we are just going to have to disagree here.
I get it and I appreciate yours as well. I just want to point one thing out before you lock in your final answer. Look back at what Mark Richt did at Georgia two days before he was fired.

For those who don't know he flew across the country to visit with Eason to ensure he was going to come to UGA......

I don’t deal in excuses.... I just try to think logically instead of with emotion.
So now when two people disagree, one is being logical, the other is being emotional?

Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree when it comes to opinions?

Seriously not trying to "come at you", it's just the way you worded that interested me..

With the freshman. He started all the games after us and he averaged 30 ppg and went 5-3.

They went 5-5 with a 1st year HC and freshman qb. And here we went 3-7 in Y3 blaming covid and "a young team" 🤣. So yeah, they did fine.
So redshirt freshman Connor Bazelak didn't play against us?

So now when two people disagree, one is being logical, the other is being emotional?

Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree when it comes to opinions?

Seriously not trying to "come at you", it's just the way you worded that interested me..
I didn’t say everyone was emotional.... there are some emotionally based posts in here though..... Everyone needs to look at the big picture always..... I’m not sold on Pruitt either but I feel he deserves the chance to prove it or not.

I don’t get Pruitt “needing to be the ceo”. What about him suggests he’d be a good ceo? Why hire him if that’s what you want? To be successful I think he needs to do what he’s good at and make good hires to do the other things (and then let them do it).

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
“QB Play was awful”
*brings in a top transfer QB with Hendon Hooker and gets rid of the cancerous Jarrett Guarantano*

“OL was a dissappointment”
*fired the OLine coach*

“DL was terrible”
*likely about to bring in one of the nations top DL coaches*

“We can’t pass rush”
*replaces Deandre Johnson and Kivon Bennett with Dylan Brooks and Big Kat Bryant

“Linebackers can’t cover”
*brings in Kevin Steele*

So far Pruitt has addressed multiple needs. Lot of work for a “fired” head coach

If he makes a good OL coaching hire, brings in Gilbert and brings in a solid nickel DB to help the slant pass what complaints will we have left
This list of "accomplishments" doesn't look like a guy that's getting fired. If he is, then at least he was trying to make us better. I still want Hugh Freeze, but seeing it itemized like this gives me a little hope that JP can get it turned around. Either way, UT has to get things fixed internally, from the top down, before next season. It really looks like they've been sabotaging the football program. The last 2+ months should have never happened like it did.

Reactions: SmokinBob
With the freshman. He started all the games after us and he averaged 30 ppg and went 5-3.

They went 5-5 with a 1st year HC and freshman qb. And here we went 3-7 in Y3 blaming covid and "a young team" 🤣. So yeah, they did fine.
Redshirt freshman.... not a true freshman.

I get it and I appreciate yours as well. I just want to point one thing out before you lock in your final answer. Look back at what Mark Richt did at Georgia two days before he was fired.

For those who don't know he flew across the country to visit with Eason to ensure he was going to come to UGA......
He also agreed to coach the bowl game and was offered a leadership position to stay at Georgia.

Reactions: SmokinBob
JG struggled with the mental part of the game..... things going good and was a decent QB..... just as soon as things went bad..... he devolved into very below average..... a good QB will fix most of our issues.
Offensively,
- Averaged 21.5 points per game.
- Converted 30% of 3rd downs.
- Averaged 3.8 yards per rush (includes QB sacks).
- Averaged 346 yards per game (205 passing and 142 rushing).
- Turnover differential of -5.
- Offensive Pass EPA (estimated points added) ranked 93rd.
- Offensive Run EPA ranked 45th.

Defensively,
- Allowed 30.1 points per game.
- Opposing offenses converted nearly 48% of 3rd downs.
- Allowed 408 yards per game (266 passing and 142 rushing).
- Defensive Pass EPA ranked 104th.
- Defensive Run EPA ranked 50th.

An upgrade at QB is needed. But unless we get a superstar we have a lot more issues to fix than just QB to be competitive. Just my opinion.

Fulmer would be more Paulie

raw

tenor.gif

I suppose this is true.

Reactions: Skizer41
Yeah, the Pruitt sac swingers have seized the momentum but us negavols are making halftime adjustments.

I hope for the best but expect the worst. Pruitt has yet to show he can get the best from this team, but if he's the coach, he'll get another chance to try. Fingers crossed for success. I always want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back