Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the Benchmade knives. Wife got me a skinner for my birthday that I’ve been trying to find a inside the pocket sheath for so I can carry it. I always carry the leatherman skeletool along with either a Graham Razel, southern grind Jackel and just got a SOG kiku XR for Xmas that’s in my rotation at the moment. View attachment 339736
That is a good looking knife

Like others have mentioned, I think they’re tight lipped on firing Pruitt until after the new enrollees attend classes on Wednesday, Jan 20. Keep it ambiguous until these kids go to their first class.

Let’s make predictions:

-Pruitt fired by the end of next week
-Steele named interim HC and will be our official HC before the end of the year
-Vols receive 21-22 bowl ban but won’t qualify anyway
-Springer and Keon return for a 2nd basketVols season (this is more wishful thinking)

-Minor/Moderate NCAA violations found with Pruitt or certain coaches not to be able to contact recruits etc...

-Fulmer comes out on twitter with support behind Pruitt

-Steele takes over as interim HC in November after Pruitt fails again

-After another botched coaching search, Steele remains HC in 2022

-Phil Fulmer "retires" at the end of this year

If you have to rely on a great QB to save your job, then you’re not a good HC.

If not for Dobbs, Butch would have been fired way sooner.
But much of the time a coach is defined by the play they get from the qb position... New England patriots is a prime example. Do I think belichek is a sub par coach, no absolutely respected as one of the best of our generation but to say he would have been in that same frame of thought without Brady is false. You have to have good qb play.

Reactions: HankHill
No spring practice, no summer workouts, and no fall practice had a negative impact. Especially with a young football team. It’s just a fact.
Lolol ok Butch

We had a DL old as hell
Veteran leaders on OL
Veterans at wr
5th year qb
4th year rb
6th year at center
CB1/CB2 3 year starters, nickel a SR

We actually had an advantage over other teams in a covid season with our older dl/ol/qb, where development/experience means the most.

Just stahhhhp

So we've heard nothing from AtlantaVOL or MetalVolunteer since last Friday.... are we waiting for enrollees then making a change guys? Or riding Gumps shrimpboat til it crashes into the dock?

By the sounds of his posts, I truly believe AV has become apathetic towards UT football.

Can't blame him.

Why are you telling people about the Cape? We like the peacefulness! I have gone to the Cape almost every year for the past 35 years. We rent a house or condo on the beach and always have a great time. Of course, I also eat a meal or two at the Raw Bar at Indian Pass. We were there in August 2020 and was glad to see the Raw Bar finally reopened after the last water damage.
They need the money right now.

-Minor/Moderate NCAA violations found with Pruitt or certain coaches not to be able to contact recruits etc...

If Pruitt fails, besides the Steele becoming the HC in 2022, I fully expect everything else to happen.

I have no faith in the UT administration to bring this program back.

Over the past 15 years, I've gone from spending all Saturdays watching CFB to just watching Vols games to just watching some Vols games.

Another poor coaching hire may do me in. I hate that too. I just don't get enjoyment out of it anymore.

Of course winning fixes all. Lol

Dexter Manley graduated high school, Oklahoma State and played in the NFL for the Washington Redskins and could not read. This sh^t has been going on for a long time. Someone needs to be held accountable for their education or pay them for making the Universities tons of money. Too many people just making money off these players.

Scholarship athletes get the red carpet treatment in college. Everything is paid for. Top notch tutors. People to do your assignments for you. Preferential treatment by professors. Meal plans. Stipends from boosters. Education FULLY paid for. All the athlete has to do is put in extreme minimal effort in the classroom and perform on the field.

giphy.gif

I'm kidding, but I can't imagine a scenario much worse ... so ... you're probably right.

Dexter Manley graduated high school, Oklahoma State and played in the NFL for the Washington Redskins and could not read. This sh^t has been going on for a long time. Someone needs to be held accountable for their education or pay them for making the Universities tons of money. Too many people just making money off these players.
Tim Worley has an accounting degree for Georgia and never attended the first class.

lol.

err'body forgets #2. now it's the "scheme's" fault.

jeez. our qb play was soooooooooooo abysmal....we had a qb that in each of the seasons he's played here, has given up a 100 yard turnover for a score. ever year. 3 times.

who does that? our QB situation was directly responsible for at least 4 or 5 games being losses.....

but it's the scheme? ok. there's plenty of things you can criticize the coaches for in regards to the QB and the issues it presented.

but to say if we ran some other scheme, the result would be different...is laughable.
We've tried qb after qb under Pruitt. Jg, chryst, shrout, maurer, bailey, Paxton lol.

Same results every time. Yes it is the scheme and lack of development + tied to Pruitt. And weinke.

If you can't even average over 24 ppg (lol) after 3 years...it's on the staff.

Last edited:
I can assure you that A LOT of schools in the SEC have kids who make it 3 years or graduate who are on a middle/high school reading and understanding level. Just the nature of the beast. @Atlanta VOL has alluded to us missing out on a couple of guys because of this. That doesn't happen at Alabama. They see the money that has been rolling in for 10 years and look the other way every now and again. Just a winning at all cost mindset.
Yep..... when is the last time an Alabama player has been held out for academics..... I’m sure their is no way george Pickens is able to play at Georgia either.

We've tried qb after qb under Pruitt. Jg, chryst, shrout, maurer, bailey, Paxton lol.

Same results every time. Yes it is the scheme and lack of development + tied to Pruitt. And weinke.

Bailey is our first real QB he has landed so we will see how he does this year.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

what scheme should they have changed to?

I will cheer on the Vols no matter who is the head coach. Or who is the AD. Or who the players are.

I love the orange and white.

I will support Pruitt if he is back because he will be a Vol.

I will support a new coach if there is one for the same reason.
Unfortunately this is a dieing philosophy.

I dont either.
That wasn't meant to be taken as they (UT) should fill in the blanks during the investigation but rather what they ve done and how the media and fans have reacted to that.

UT hasn't created the narrative that Pruitt is gone. Thats coming from the side that knows the least and doesn't make that decision anyway. That could change but right now there's nothing to support its going to happen.

Sorry for the confusion. I think we pretty much agree.
we're all good...lol. and you hit the nail on the head with the bolded part....

On Chaney:

He has only scored over 30 ppg, the current national median, only 2 times in 9 seasons in the past 15 years.

(Excluding UGA with his top 3 talent there. I think anyone should score as much with a 5* qb and a boatload of NFL ready RBs...call run play...score...)

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back