Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think they will have an Ice cream cone with Henry T like butch and staff did with Kongbo? Could sway him back just sayin.

Shoop-Ice-Cream.jpg

I think classes start the upcoming week right?

If so, I'd imagine we will know rather soon.

Rivals did say this visit has been planned for a few weeks now.

Is he wanting to leave because of the insecurity around Pruitt right now or is he wanting to escape this dumpster fire?

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Article on this CA trip by the coaches:

1. The investigation didn’t immediately reveal anything that would lead Tennessee to fire Pruitt.
This could obviously still change. The investigation isn’t completely over. But Pruitt spoke with lawyers on Thursday for most of the day. If there was something in that interview that was damning, then Pruitt probably wouldn’t be allowed on a plane to head out west to recruit a player that would immediately be a hot commodity in the transfer portal. I don’t think it’s necessarily 100 percent that Pruitt returns in 2021, but I’m feeling pretty confident at this point that he’ll be the Vols’ head coach for a fourth season.

2. Brian Niedermeyer is probably gone
This has long been the assumption. Niedermeyer was the only coach named in the initial report from Fox Sports Knoxville about the investigation. He was also To’o To’o’s primary recruiter. If he’s not on the plane to go see To’ To’o that essentially confirms that he won’t be returning in 2021. Niedermeyer’s contract expires at the end of January.

3. Kevin Steele will likely coach inside linebackers
Ansley going to California tells us he’s likely staying at Tennessee as the Vols’ defensive coordinator. The inclusion of Steele on the trip tells us he will probably be To’o To’o’s position coach in 2021. That makes sense, considering Steele has an extensive amount of experience coaching linebackers. Going from Niedermeyer coaching inside linebackers to Steele coaching inside linebackers should give that position group a huge boost next season.

Tennessee Vols: 3 takeaways from Jeremy Pruitt's trip to California to see Henry To'o To'o (atozsportsnashville.com)

Thoughts?

1. The investigation didn’t immediately reveal anything that would lead Tennessee to fire Pruitt.
This could obviously still change. The investigation isn’t completely over. But Pruitt spoke with lawyers on Thursday for most of the day. If there was something in that interview that was damning, then Pruitt probably wouldn’t be allowed on a plane to head out west to recruit a player that would immediately be a hot commodity in the transfer portal. I don’t think it’s necessarily 100 percent that Pruitt returns in 2021, but I’m feeling pretty confident at this point that he’ll be the Vols’ head coach for a fourth season.

2. Brian Niedermeyer is probably gone
This has long been the assumption. Niedermeyer was the only coach named in the initial report from Fox Sports Knoxville about the investigation. He was also To’o To’o’s primary recruiter. If he’s not on the plane to go see To’ To’o that essentially confirms that he won’t be returning in 2021. Niedermeyer’s contract expires at the end of January.

3. Kevin Steele will likely coach inside linebackers
Ansley going to California tells us he’s likely staying at Tennessee as the Vols’ defensive coordinator. The inclusion of Steele on the trip tells us he will probably be To’o To’o’s position coach in 2021. That makes sense, considering Steele has an extensive amount of experience coaching linebackers. Going from Niedermeyer coaching inside linebackers to Steele coaching inside linebackers should give that position group a huge boost next season.
Tennessee Vols: 3 takeaways from Jeremy Pruitt's trip to California to see Henry To'o To'o (atozsportsnashville.com)

I think it was likely never going to happen for us anyway, but if To does leave I don't see a way we could close with any more than 4 or 5 top 20 in state this year. And most, if not all of those will be lower rated guys.

This program is off the rails, we're in serious trouble and there isn't a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back