Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif
Trust me, I'm not...

My give a sh!t for this inept clusterf**k known as UT football broke a while back and I threw it out with the trash..

The rosters was pretty similar but butch only won 7 games in year two..... had josh dobbs as QB..... didn’t face covid in yr three..... was able to sign 30 guys at time to help flip the roster.... Jones would still be our coach if his lies hadn’t hurt recruiting and caused so many guys to leave...... the point still remains that we have to be patient... if Pruitt leaves and we can convince most of our players to stay we will be in a better spot for the next guy..... if they leave then it will be a really big rebuild again.
I'm not sure we are in a better spot. Look at the 2018 and 2019 classes, a lot are already gone from both classes or are about to possible leave like To'o To'o. Neither one of those classes are top 25 after all the defections and busts.

Doing the right thing is issuing a public statement of support for Coach Pruitt. They MUST do this when/if the time is right. If no public statement of support has been issued, then I suspect as others here the decision on his future for 21 isn't quite final as of yet. Too much hanging in the balance to sit by and say nothing if things w CJP are already determined and finalized. SURELY folks over there will apply some logic and common sense. It's way too late but we need to start with some positive PR and communicate.

Trust me, I'm not...

My give a sh!t for this inept clusterf**k known as UT football broke a while back and I threw it out with the trash..
I have learned to adopt the level of acceptance that children of deadbeat fathers have when it's 8PM on their birthday and their dad still hasn't called them to wish them a happy bday. "Yeah, this isn't changing, and I'm done with expectations."

Not knocking you for posting this.

But this is more blah blah "stay tuned" language from people that get paid for clicks.

The media and "insiders" say one thing, then in reality something completely different happens. Actions speak louder than words. Speculation should take a backseat to facts.
It's a pretty big deal to me.

Price acted like this trip was a spur of the moment thing and wanted us to think it was directed related to the investigation. The "BREAKING" in his tweet tells us as much.

It was not breaking news - he had known it was scheduled for days in advance and didn't tell his paying subscribers.

54. And I’m not on social media.
But isn’t it some kind of status symbol for how many followers you have?
Yet people post on here like following someone is taboo.
Kinda confusing to me.
I dont care how many followers someone has, I dont participate in Facebook, Twitter etc. I am on Linkedin for professional purposes.

But when I see grown ass men on Twitter following a bunch of kids around, stalking their families, trying to reach out to them etc. its down right disgusting, weird and inappropriate. So no, its not acceptable

Pruitt is back or my theory is that he made the Steele hire (with final approval from above him) because (outside of “football”) he’s a good man and didn’t want to leave this program in anymore shambles than it already is. He feels like Steele would plug the holes (keep as much roster/recruits as possible) and the ship wouldn’t completely sink. Bad news is Steele is a lousy, I mean lousy, next man up for the HC gig. It is out of Pruitt’s hands and he thought he was doing what was best for the university and program at-large but in the end there’s no win here. Aside from hiring Freeze. 😎🥶

It’s either that or Pruitt’s back 😑🔫

Reactions: drvenner
Listening to ESPNU and Neuheisel was talking about Bama’s offense, and all offenses, and the rules in college that allow them to be unstoppable.

Talked about linemen being able to block 3 yards downfield before being penalized but in the NFL I think it’s 1 yard. And it never gets called so these dudes are blocking run on nearly every play (the OL is traditionally a key for the defense to distinguish run or pass) and still slinging it on RPO’s.

Said it makes those slants nearly impossible to defend.

Which really leads me to the question of - why has every offensive staff figured this out except at UT?

Price acted like this trip was a spur of the moment thing and wanted us to think it was directed related to the investigation. The "BREAKING" in his tweet tells us as much.

It was not breaking news - he had known it was scheduled for days in advance and didn't tell his paying subscribers.

Sensationalism in journalism isn't exactly a new thing, but I agree with you that it comes off as shady.

Comon'. They interviewed Pruitt for 6-8 hours to conclude a month long investigation and found nothing noteworthy? Doubt that.

It’s noon on the coast. If they found something even remotely bad why haven’t they said anything? Even if it’s private are they really going to send the fired coach out to reel in a player? It’s been said that in the event Pruitt wasn’t retained there would be Steele’s job. Pruitt and Steele are in route.

I’m still very much in the fire Pruitt camp but that’s very telling imo.

Gonna come down to the Glazier report and what Plowman and Boyd want to do.

I think the report is bad, and so do others in the know. But hell, maybe they stick with him through it anyway.

I think outside counsel was hired for 2 reasons
- confirmation of their own investigation
- And showing the AA that your serious about institutional control
Another could be to dig up enough to get out of the buyout but you re taking a big gamble there in more ways than 1.

I agree that they have a pretty good handle on what did or didnt happen. And I think they probably had an idea and opinion even before Glazier got involved.
If the worst of it was tied to Pruitt and that was gonna be a major point in his status here, it doesnt make sense that they let him board a plane to Cal the next day.

Reactions: LoudOrange
The formal presentation of findings isn't outside counsel's only communication with UT leadership. It's the culmination of the internal phase of the investigation.

The Chancellor's goal in retaining outside counsel to conduct an investigation is to protect and defend the university. UT will continue operating at the advice of counsel to do that.

I thought Twitter was a public social media platform. How dare anyone follow or comment on any one on Twitter!🤣🤣🤣😂

The ole saying goes. “If you can’t take the heat, stay outta the kitchen “.
Translation: if you don’t want to be followed on social media, stay off social media.
If you're a grown ass man tweeting at a college kid and their families about them leaving your football team you're the single most pathetic person on the planet. Complain on a message board, to your buddies, but get a life if you do it to the player or their families.

I am 100% sure the visit was planned in advance. In true Vol fan fashion, we over-react to everything. Let's just wait and see how the investigation plays out.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

All of those services are a joke. The last three(!) coaching searches from our media look like this:

image-1.jpg

Or they're late to the party and/or pissy when some national media member or a nobody beats them to the punch on breaking something.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back