Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
"One day after meeting with compliance and the outside counsel about the internal investigation, Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt is on his way to California to meet with standout linebacker Henry To’oto’o and his family.

Pruitt is joined on the trip west by defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, Tennessee Player Development Assistant Kevin Simon and sources say they are picking up new defensive assistant Kevin Steele on the way to the west coach. Simon is a De La Salle alum which is where To'oto'o played and Simon was a key factor in To'oto'o selecting the Vols."

- Hubbs and AP

Why in the world would the AD allow this to get out of hand? Transfers, rumors. It's all negative for the program .
Fulmer is not fit to be AD. Boyd and Plowman are incompetent. Our leadership consists of dumbasses that don't realize how their decisions have an effect on our program.

This is what Swain was respectfully commenting on yesterday. Enjoy the initial recruitment, it only happens once. When you step on campus though, it's time to work. That didn't happen with WM. Now it appears instead of just announcing like most players he has entered the portal, it appears he is wanting to relive the public recruiting experience. As Swain mentioned, until that switch flips, he will get the same results at any school.
💯

Reactions: ugg
"One day after meeting with compliance and the outside counsel about the internal investigation, Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt is on his way to California to meet with standout linebacker Henry To’oto’o and his family.

Pruitt is joined on the trip west by defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, Tennessee Player Development Assistant Kevin Simon and sources say they are picking up new defensive assistant Kevin Steele on the way to the west coach. Simon is a De La Salle alum which is where To'oto'o played and Simon was a key factor in To'oto'o selecting the Vols."

- Hubbs and AP
Aka....Pruitt isn't getting fired.

We have young talent on this team plus a better QB...... we just won 8 the season when we weren’t having to deal with corona issues.
That 8 game winning streak set us back years. We scrapped by bad South Carolina teams twice, needed a goal line stand vs UK. Beat Mizzou twice, the first time barely getting by a team whose coach was fired a couple of weeks later. We got lucky to beat Indiana playing their backup QB and beat UAB and Vandy. Hell of a winning steak there.

The other wins to round out our 8 win season were Chattanooga and Miss St, who also fired their coach.

They are clearly going to HTs house so Jeremy can tell him he is being fired and then Steele can be there to console him. Duh.
it is possible that if you happen to believe that pruitt did reach out to Steele, and wanted to bring him in any capacity to help right the ship, be it on his staff or as part of a transition, it really could be that pruitt is going out there to tell HT himself what's going on, here's the plan, this is the "new" guy, you can trust him etc.....

i don't know that i'd believe it if someone were telling me this as if it were a strategy, but knowing pruitt's history for being a "players" coach, i don't know that i'd be shocked to find out that he is assisting with the transition, especially if it's transitioning to a known friend, in Steele.

at the end of the day, it makes way more sense that they're going out there together to lay out the plan going forward with him, steele and ansley still leading the program.....

I ask this with all due respect.....are you blind?
No but I'll await official word, something isn't right and I don't believe anyone. I'm still under the belief that you don't pull that law firm in here to investigate, pay them 500K just to clear a sub .500 coach. Not to mention all his assistants are jumping ship

Reactions: WallyBalls

- Hubbs and AP
good. regardless of what happens on the staff, HT has the ability and potential to be a real leader next year. and we soooooo need that in the locker room....he's probably going to go to the NFL anyway, and i don't know that jumping ship when there is no immediate eligibility right now accomplishes that goal for him.

we'll see.

Reactions: jp1
ffd.jpg

Fulmer is not fit to be AD. Boyd and Plowman are incompetent. Our leadership consists of dumbasses that don't realize how their decisions have an effect on our program.
Congrats AD now we are not just a laughing stock during the season but also in the off season.

Dynamite work everybody. Textbook handling of the situation.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Tony B basically saying that Pruitt is going out to Cali, gonna lie to Henry T's face about coming back in the name of doing his job, and that's that.

I sincerely doubt that. I don't know why he would want to do that. But I really don't know why anyone in the AD would want him to do that. If he talks to Henry and you fire him a day later, that is completely counter productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back