Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell would Chadwell be embarrassing? Does he lack power 5 experience? Yes, But he’s the reigning National Coach of the Year. Absolutely nothing embarrassing about that.

Agree completely. Most everybody on here state they want somebody that makes more out of less until the roster is built. The state they want an exciting offense. The COY did exactly that. Preseason predicted last in the Sunbelt - won it with an undefeated regular season that included the BYU win. Brought innovation, energy, player development, and winning.

About all I can say about Maronne is I bet he’d stabilize the program. Get us a roster full of sec athletes. Steady us out. We’d stop being a joke. Probably an annual 7-9 win program.

Would get us off the mat but wouldn’t be a very exciting time as a fan.
I agree with your assessment of Marrone and where we would be as a program. For me, winning 9 games a year, being competitive in the others would be exciting. Something I haven't seen consistently at UT in a long time.

Reactions: MrVolton
Oh so I am another Bruin cause I believe that we will win again? I believe the next coach can get good recruiters and save most of that class. My point is why are we willing to be held hostage by one class. Some of you act like its the end of the world and I say it depends on our next hire. You missed the sarcasm in my post. This is why I have lurked more than posted lately because this board right now just keeps going in a circle and we just repeat what we been saying 10 pages back. I have been on this board longer than you have and I have never ever posted anything like Bruin. If you think my few words on that post is going to effect the class of 22 then that is exactly why you never make a decision based on keeping a class but thanks for making me feel power there. lol My suggestion. Put your trust in the Lord and quit worrying about one post from one person destroying a class. May God truly bless you and your family.

This is in reference to VolFreakJosh post. Page 3091
1610650478957.gif

Reactions: Orange Studs
Obviously not with butch. He kept the rig on the road twice for Brian Kelly and it landed him this job. Dooley is a dumbass lol. There’s no denying that.
Butch was never able to replicate at Central Michigan or Cincy what Brian Kelly had done there. They were still pretty good teams, but definitely down a level.

To find out how Butch was going to perform, take the max potential of the team and throttle it down a few notches. The max potential of his 2015 and 2016 Tennessee teams was 10 wins and winning the East, so Butch got 8 wins and just missed on winning the East. The max potential of the 2017 team was probably 7-5, so he went 4-8. He inherited 11 and 12-win teams from Brian Kelly at Cincy, so he won 8-9 games.

There is a certain amount of skill involved in running a machine that someone else designed and built. Not everybody can do it. But an ability to do that is nowhere near as impressive as the ability to design, build, and implement something on your own. And obviously we have to find a coach who can do that.

Agree completely. Most everybody on here state they want somebody that makes more out of less until the roster is built. The state they want an exciting offense. The COY did exactly that. Preseason predicted last in the Sunbelt - won it with an undefeated regular season that included the BYU win. Brought innovation, energy, player development, and winning.

I posted a few days back about this bolded point after reading an article someone posted about Chadwell. You don’t go from projected last to finishing first while undefeated in regular season without great coaching, especially when you also beat a power 5 ranked opponent. He earned that COY title.

Reading Hubbs describe offenses that are thriving in today's game has me more excited about Chadwell's potential. Tell me this doesn't sound like what he's doing:

"
You don't have to be a run dominant team but in my opinion you have to run it some. Florida averaged ten yards less a game running the ball than Tennessee did. Ole Miss averaged 70 more yards a game on the ground than Tennessee.

Bama can run it. Now they aren't three yards and a cloud of dust but they can run it. Ohio State greatly missed Trey Sirmon in the title game. Would they have beaten Bama, not in my opinion, but they missed him.

A year ago as Joe Burrow put up a historic year, LSU averaged 166 yards a game on the ground.

Football is different now than 5, 10, 20 years ago. You run the ball effectively in different ways, qb zone reads, RPO's, jet sweeps, etc. But you have to effectively run the ball some. Not throw it every down."

Sark says this as well in his coaching clinic video. Around the 5 minute mark. Says you lose the "identity of your program" if you throw too much.

Josh Dobbs-Steelers
Jalen Hurd-49ers( practice squad with injuries)
Alvin Kamara-Saints
Ethan Wolfe-Saints(practice squad)
Juan Jennings-49ers
Drew Richmond-USC(Will play in the NFL)
Derek Barnett-Eagles
Kahlil Mackenzie-Bengals
Shy Tuttle-Saints
Kendall Vickers-Raiders
JRM-Lions
Cam Sutton-Steelers
Rashaon Gaulden-Giants
Todd Kelly Jr would also be in the NFL if not for knee problems
I think people under estimate how loaded that team really was and I’m not saying all these guys are starters, but that’s impressive.

Justin Coleman- Lions
Emmanuel Moseley- 49ers

Butch was never able to replicate at Central Michigan or Cincy what Brian Kelly had done there. They were still pretty good teams, but definitely down a level.

To find out how Butch was going to perform, take the max potential of the team and throttle it down a few notches. The max potential of his 2015 and 2016 Tennessee teams was 10 wins and winning the East, so Butch got 8 wins and just missed on winning the East. The max potential of the 2017 team was probably 7-5, so he went 4-8. He inherited 11 and 12-win teams from Brian Kelly at Cincy, so he won 8-9 games.

There is a certain amount of skill involved in running a machine that someone else designed and built. Not everybody can do it. But an ability to do that is nowhere near as impressive as the ability to design, build, and implement something on your own. And obviously we have to find a coach who can do that.

That's why I think G5 guys need to absolutely dominate at that level to stand a chance in the SEC. Because if a guy is 10-2 max at a G5 school he's probably 8-4 in the SEC. It's also why I'm a bit intrigued by Chadwell. 11-1 at CCU and damn close to being 12-0.

Reactions: Vols4us
You are reaching quite a bit with drew Richmond or Todd Kelly being nfl players..... also counting the practice squad is a pretty big stretch as well.... I would definitely put the talent on that ole miss team up against that Tennessee team.
Todd Kelly was projected to be drafted and so is Drew Richmond. Maybe I’m stretching it with Wolfe, but if Hurd could stay healthy he would be playing on Sundays right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back