Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only silver lining if Pruitt stays one more year is if that allows enough time for the powers that be to be comfortable hiring Freeze. If that’s the case, it’s probably worth it over grabbing a guy like Chadwell or Marrone. They really should just hire Freeze now, but it appears they won’t.
The Admin had a chance to finally get it right but they said nah lets show them how dumb we really are and damn they have.

We are disappointed in you for bringing false hope

You'll know if Pruitt is back or not by Saturday at the latest.

Still sticking with my prediction of new coach.

I have decided to return to posting a bit more, as I believe we're in the final reaches now.

Our AD is lmao worthy. We already know that though. I believe there's two main scenarios in play. New coach or "build an all star staff" for Pruitt. The thing is, his players like Pruitt. Recruits like Pruitt. We all hate him 😂. I don't think I could stomach Pruitt being back regardless of the staff. His problem is simple. He wants to be Saban, but he should be Dabo. If he would just take the Dabo approach, he would be a lot better off. But I think he's too stubborn for that.

I'm 75/25 when it comes to odds of my prediction. Still think it's highly likely he's gone. But if he's back I've heard rumblings of a new OC, keeping Chaney on staff still. Maybe as oline coach or QB coach? Legit have heard Gus or Chadwell could be in play for OC, but I find Gus unlikely for a lot of reasons. I also don't believe Chadwell would take an OC position either. Of course there's Marrone, his name has floated around for a while now. I'll be blunt, it there's a new HC, I think it'll be him. If Pruitt is back, I think Marrone could be a part of his staff. I almost feel like Marrone will be at UT regardless. We will see.

It's everywhere right now. Obviously.

I’m still not convinced Pruitt is for sure back yet, but if so it just shows unbelievable incompetence. If you’re going to keep the guy, you have to shutdown the National speculation.

The best we can hope for is that Phil is forced to retire this year and won’t be making the next hire. I’m going to hope for the best, but I don’t see anyway that Pruitt is here after next season especially with zero changes on offensive side.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You'll know if Pruitt is back or not by Saturday at the latest.

Still sticking with my prediction of new coach.

I have decided to return to posting a bit more, as I believe we're in the final reaches now.

Our AD is lmao worthy. We already know that though. I believe there's two main scenarios in play. New coach or "build an all star staff" for Pruitt. The thing is, his players like Pruitt. Recruits like Pruitt. We all hate him 😂. I don't think I could stomach Pruitt being back regardless of the staff. His problem is simple. He wants to be Saban, but he should be Dabo. If he would just take the Dabo approach, he would be a lot better off. But I think he's too stubborn for that.

I'm 75/25 when it comes to odds of my prediction. Still think it's highly likely he's gone. But if he's back I've heard rumblings of a new OC, keeping Chaney on staff still. Maybe as oline coach or QB coach? Legit have heard Gus or Chadwell could be in play for OC, but I find Gus unlikely for a lot of reasons. I also don't believe Chadwell would take an OC position either. Of course there's Marrone, his name has floated around for a while now. I'll be blunt, it there's a new HC, I think it'll be him. If Pruitt is back, I think Marrone could be a part of his staff. I almost feel like Marrone will be at UT regardless. We will see.

It's everywhere right now. Obviously.

Why do people continue to talk about a guy who just won several national coach of the year awards stepping down to become our offensive coordinator? It’s lunacy.

Even if it’s not this year, the guy is going to be in line for an elevated head role soon and will get his payday.

Why do people continue to talk about a guy who just won several national coach of the year awards stepping down to become our offensive coordinator? It’s lunacy.

Even if it’s not this year, the guy is going to be in line for an elevated head role soon and will get his payday.

I agree with you, I don't see it happening. But it's floating out there at least. Maybe someone thinks his love for Tennessee will win over? I guess you could argue, if hes the OC, and Pruitt is let go after next season it could be an easy hire? Lol. I don't know. Don't see it myself.

Because we desperately want an OC that will score points if we're forced to keep Pruitt. He has been connected to Tennessee by media, so we are trying to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back