Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
His offense is garbage and will never work in the SEC. Best case scenario for him is what UK has done with Stoops. Chadwell's offense is what Stoops just upgraded from. Which Stoops won most of those games because hes an Elite DC, and Chadwell is not that.
Chadwell offense is nothing like what Gran ran at UK.

We can recruit top 10. We simply need to assemble a staff that can coach to the level of our talent. We don't need super stars or savants or the next big thing. Just competent men who can get top 10 play out of top 10 players. That may not be sexy, and certainly won't make the CFP or bust crowd happy, but it is what we need right now. For the life of me, I don't understand why that is so hard.

If we have NCAA problems, I do not know how we could hire him.
Hes going to bring attention on his own. Plus whatever UT adds to that with this investigation.

Ole Miss just turned him loose and while he had a couple good seasons there, it was short lived.
I dont think he ll have that luxury here.

I think hes a good coach. I'm not sure he's what a lot of people build him up as without the recruiting advantage that brought him and Ole Miss down.
I dont see him as a guarantee. He could be really good, or have you on scholarship restrictions, and probation on the way out. Which may be what he walks into to start with.

Hes not the only option out there.

Holy shite. I agree with Bruin. It’s a sign of the times.

I was just about to post I don’t get the Fisher interest. Sure he’d want to come here, easy payday plus you’ll probably get a buyout in 4 years anyways. He’s a career .500 coach and never been a college coach. Pass. My grandma has a crush on him though, so there’s that lol
You’ve got an ex NFL coach that coaches defense with a 51.5% win percentage, with a energetic personality. Considered a defensive mastermind, do you take him?

Reactions: gainesvol82
Hes going to bring attention on his own. Plus whatever UT adds to that with this investigation.

Ole Miss just turned him loose and while he had a couple good seasons there, it was short lived.
I dont think he ll have that luxury here.

I think hes a good coach. I'm not sure he's what a lot of people build him up as without the recruiting advantage that brought him and Ole Miss down.
I dont see him as a guarantee. He could be really good, or have you on scholarship restrictions, and probation on the way out. Which may be what he walks into to start with.

Hes not the only option out there.
No such thing as a guarantee. Freeze has won big wherever he’s been. Lambuth, Arkansas State, Ole Miss, and now Liberty. That isn’t by happenstance. He’d very likely win here and win big.

You’ve got an ex NFL coach that coaches defense with a 51.5% win percentage, with a energetic personality. Considered a defensive mastermind, do you take him?
Pruitt was supposed to be a defensive mastermind. Defense doesn’t win championships anymore, even Saban has adapted. No experience recruiting, no experience with college kids, no experience at the college level, hasn’t coached in 4/5 years. Definitely not a sure thing hire.

Reactions: windrider
Just FYI but Hyams said today that Pruitt very likely won’t survive and he believes Fulmer is wavering in his support of him behind the scenes.

Also said he believes the top tier of candidates will turn us down and that we’ll land on Chadwell.

I second all of these thoughts.
I wonder what's changed to make Fulmer's mind change

Pruitt was supposed to be a defensive mastermind. Defense doesn’t win championships anymore, even Saban has adapted. No experience recruiting, no experience with college kids, no experience at the college level, hasn’t coached in 4/5 years. Definitely not a sure thing hire.
Fisher never steps foot on a college sideline. he's jockeying for an NFL job.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Just FYI but Hyams said today that Pruitt very likely won’t survive and he believes Fulmer is wavering in his support of him behind the scenes.

Also said he believes the top tier of candidates will turn us down and that we’ll land on Chadwell.

I second all of these thoughts.
Disagree. We can get Freeze or Napier now if we wanted. Will the administration let them have what they want and will our AD stay out of trying to coach? That is what will deter any coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back