Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rando poster on vq saying players are being told Pruitt will be retained.
They should have said that publicly weeks ago (and no, a few words at the end of a bowl prep interview does not count), and then if they still want to fire him do it like Texas did. They could still do that. Instead, they continue to handle it in the poorest way possible.

Players will be in the dark- they always are. I have no doubt that we have current players on VN. I know for a fact a former all American was well aware of this board years ago when he was on the hill (and I had more hair)

Yea I don't believe this guy knows anything more than anyone here. Pretty sure we're all just getting the same "news" from each other and circulating it at this point...
This guy has honestly been the most accurate of the “insiders”, at least most of what I’ve seen from him has been pretty spot on.

Reactions: Devo182
I’m so fat behind I don’t know what we are currently talking about but I can 100% see Fulmer getting on board with a Steele DC hire, then simply promote him to head coach if things go south
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Christmas and New Years often spurs weight gain for a lot of people. Just keep after those squats and your behind will be back to normal in no time. We are here if you need us.

Last edited:
Recruiting ties to the south is overrated. Urban Meyer didn’t have them when he came to Florida and Saban didn’t have them when he came to LSU. I’d say being the HC of a college team that went from worst in conference to worst in conference in 4 years and a pro team that made it to the AFC Championship with Blake Bortles at QB makes him a good head coach.
Most posters refuse to add context. Marrone would be a successful, stabilizing coach. High floor coach with possible high ceiling with the right staff. IMO

That’s what this crap administration and university are banking on...no matter what chicken poop coach they feed us, they expect us to go all-in on him for 3-4 years.
I will not do that this time. If it is a suckarse hire, I am going to call it what it is till it proves me wrong. I will hope to be proven wrong, I love tasty crow, but I am gonna not going to call chicken s*** chicken salad.

Most posters refuse to add context. Marrone would need a successful, stabilizing coach. High floor coach with possible high ceiling with the right staff. IMO
Disagree. He’s lost everywhere he’s been besides 2 seasons. Would be as bad a hire as Butch Jones would. But on a positive, he’s better than Dooley

Since this whole ordeal is getting really old, I've considered this scenario:

The administration wants to make a change but they probably understand that there's not a big name coach willing to come here short of being paid $8 million a year. If they drag this out long enough, they may think the fan base will just accept whoever they trot out there. I doubt they want another fiasco that was brought on by Currie. Just a thought.

If they are trying to weary us so that we'll except anyone ... it's starting to work. (not on everyone, but on ... dare I say, many?)
Problem is, we'll accept it because we no longer care.
It's called apathy.

It shouldn’t. It’s not a splash hire, but we can’t make that. It would be a solid one and give us a coach who understands the game.
No it is not a solid hire IMO..I wholeheartedly believe that it is a garbage dump hire that will have us right back in this same spot or even further in the hole in 3-4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back