Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well neither is Freeze and we don't know that Herman is for all that matters. Whose to say he don't want to come to all this mess. lol
I agree that Freeze isn't realistic because our admin won't touch him with his past baggage. And sure, Herman could easily turn us down, but he's a realistic choice because our admin would actually consider him. They'd eliminate Campbell because of his buyout and Freeze because of his baggage. Not saying I agree with them doing that, but feel fairly certain that's how it would go. What makes a candidate realistic is whether or not UT would offer them the job, not whether or not they would accept the job. <----with the exception of the very top tier of guys like Meyer and Bob Stoops, who are not realistic because they're not touching this mess.

I agree that Freeze isn't realistic because our admin won't touch him with his past baggage. And sure, Herman could easily turn us down, but he's a realistic choice because our admin would actually consider him. They'd eliminate Campbell because of his buyout and Freeze because of his baggage. Not saying I agree with them doing that, but feel fairly certain that's how it would go. What makes a candidate realistic is whether or not UT would offer them the job, not whether or not they would accept the job.

I know Campbell would be a long shot just expressing my wish for HC. I wouldn't mind Herman at all. You go 7-3 and get fired and I think he had a 9 win season, I think its ironic he gets fired cause he didn't beat OU and look at Pruitt against UF, GA, and Bama and goes 3-7 and keeps his job. lol

Reactions: Smokeytom
All keeping Pruitt does is kick the can down the road one more year. He will be fired next year. Will have no choice. TN fans are a loyal bunch but even they have their limits.
I don't see how they can fire him next year. Opposite of all rational thought, they bought this guy's "plan" to turn things around. Jeremy 2.0 with his 4th set of assistants.

They will be hiring guys with 2+ year contracts. Surely they give the 2.0 plan 2 years. Doing all this for 1 year seems like a complete death wish. Zero chance he turns around a 3-7 team to 8+ regular season wins in 12 months. Jmo. They are pot committed with Jeremy and his plan now. There's no half-assing it.

I agree with that to a point, but Texas has real talent, and a huge talent advantage against everybody they play not named Oklahoma. They have the defensive talent to be better than they have been the last few years.
We have had a talent advantage over 3/4 the SEC for a decade and you see where that got us.

I do think it can be better. Fixing our abysmal offense, addressing the culture, developing the QBs, holding position coaches and coordinators accountable and getting Pruitt to be more of a HC should get us out of the gutter. But longer-term, we need a better solution.
You nearly named every aspect of a football team. In year 3 now going into year 4 we shouldn't be having these problems
And we lose Ty Simpson and all of the top instate recruits for ‘22. Brilliant.
We will lose the 2022 class if Pruitt is fired or if Pruitt is yet again retained after a bad season.

Only way we get the 2022 instate class Imo is if we fire Pruitt now or if Pruitt comes out and has a good year. Not sure that either of those are realistic.

The contract promised to pay him for 5 years. Where are you getting a personal promise from?
It has been said repeatedly that Fulmer sees this as a 5 year turn around. His contract is actually long than the original 5 years

So he’s not. Then he’s definitely not a “loser” as you branded him yesterday?
Ok then not a total "loser" he is a "better side of mediocre..so far"..or as I like to say....Meh.

You're right, he is not a loser...yet...but just wait till he takes over a bad rebuilding job like ours..then "loser" will apply...

Imo..

Disagree. I think Phillip is doing fine. He’s given Pruitt everything he needs to have success. He’s allocated the necessary funding for the immediate staff, the support staff, facilities, etc. I’d rather have that than some bean counter. I’ve been frustrated with Pruitt on numerous occasions, but at the end of the day, cool heads who can see the big picture will prevail. Which is what we have in Boyd, Plowman and Fulmer.
I'm not so sure they see the big picture.

I know Campbell would be a long shot just expressing my wish for HC. I wouldn't mind Herman at all. You go 7-3 and get fired and I think he had a 9 win season, I think its ironic he gets fired cause he didn't beat OU and look at Pruitt against UF, GA, and Bama and goes 3-7 and keeps his job. lol

Like I said, I'd take Campbell in a heartbeat. I've even mentioned him in the past. But then I heard he had a very large buyout, and I realize UT wouldn't go after him because of that. We already hear the excuse that they're keeping Pruitt because of finances. They're not going to eat that buyout just to pay another school a huge buyout to hire a coach they then have to turn around and pay a lot of money. I wish they would, but they won't.

And even though I'm not a big fan of the guy, Freeze would be a good hire. But realistically, I don't think our administration would touch him. Not saying I agree with their way of thinking, but it is what it is.

So it comes down to who would our administration pursue IF Pruitt were to be fired, which I don't think is happening anytime soon? With no buyout to contend with and a winning record, Tom Herman would be on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back