Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm a nobody but I do have a job in Knoxville that has allowed me to interact with people in the administration, people on staff with the football team from GAs to some analysts, support staff etc. I have been told on multiple occasions Fulmer spends at least 80 percent of his time in the football complex that's an abnormal amount of time for an AD but then I start being told about he likes to interrupt coaches and put in his two cents during film study and coaching periods, been told people in adminstration that have voiced concerns about player and coaches behavior have been told by him, that Pruitt is his choice for HC and they just need to get over it, I didn't think it was true thought most of it this year was because of the pay cuts but it is starting to sound like allot of this is true. You really can't run a program as an AD if you constantly meddle and tell people to shove it.
This right here can’t be understated.

It is a huge reason the coaches are not on the same page.

And if one of the coaches wants to do something a bit differently then someone who doesn’t want to runs to Phil and he gets involved and makes them do it his way.

It’s a horrible chain of command - lots of backstabbing and escalating issues to PF. It’s ugly.

I need this place...I haven't said anything about it before now, but my Dad is having multiple heart valve replacements on the 29th and the docs say he may not survive it, but if he doesn't have it he will not live more than a few months...

Our family has been absolutely brutalized this year, and I almost just expect the worst at this point..I need the catharsis that this joint provides me...it helps to blow off some steam.
Get it out, helped me five years ago. 2015 was hell. Spent more time worrying I'd bury my youngest than just being thankful that she was still on this Earth, which was a miracle in and of itself.

VN was my outlet. Prayers for you and yours dude.

We're also hearing a lot of this 3rd hand. We don't know how much this is true. We do know for a fact though that he wants to keep Pruitt. And I agree that is a mistake. But the last AD they hired over there went after freaking Schiano.
Just because he may compare favorably to the previous AD in some aspects does not make him a good AD. We can do better.

Here is the issue.....not a single good coach that would make the fanbase happy will come work for Fulmer. All of the rumors about how he acts as the head coach still have not only gotten around but have been confirmed by the current staff and those things travel very fast. I am quite close with a few big name coaches that are no longer coaching and based on their opinion ...no well known coach will want to work for PF.
if so, a change is definitely needed

I would tell Boeing that if they want me, I need 600k a year, and if I'm a 5 star employee who brings tremendous growth to their company, then they would say, that's worth it and pony up and not watch me go to Tesla.
What if there is a real possibility 'Boeing' tanks your draft stock because they suck and developing your talent? Would that extra change now be worth potential millions in the future?

Reactions: Devo182 and SoilVol
Here is the issue.....not a single good coach that would make the fanbase happy will come work for Fulmer. All of the rumors about how he acts as the head coach still have not only gotten around but have been confirmed by the current staff and those things travel very fast. I am quite close with a few big name coaches that are no longer coaching and based on their opinion ...no well known coach will want to work for PF.

Fulmer needs to go. I hope Boyd et al rid UT of him and Pruitt.

I need this place...I haven't said anything about it before now, but my Dad is having multiple heart valve replacements on the 29th and the docs say he may not survive it, but if he doesn't have it he will not live more than a few months...

Our family has been absolutely brutalized this year, and I almost just expect the worst at this point..I need the catharsis that this joint provides me...it helps to blow off some steam.
Praying for you and your Dad. I pray that God will give you a Peace about his situation and that His perfect will be done in your lives. Also, pray for lots of arguments and controversies on this board for you to get in the middle of. God Bless

What if there is a real possibility 'Boeing' tanks your draft stock because they suck and developing your talent? Would that extra change now be worth potential millions in the future?
I'd transfer to another program.

If it's true that we aren't developing then the decision should already be made.

Fulmer is way more a coach than an AD

No one wants that in a boss.

They want a politician who will get them the resources and block the people who get in the way.

They don’t need a backseat driver.

I'm anti @Atlanta VOL until he admits Die Hard is not a Christmas movie.

Directors quotes

"We hadn't intended it to be a Christmas movie, but the joy that came from it is what turned it in to a Christmas movie," he said. And he goes on to draw a connection between the terrorists in the film and current events in the United States.

I mean a lot of people believe he maneuvered his way to being a head coach, then maneuvered his way to AD even though he has no experience, and it would explain his desire to keep Pruitt even with terrible results. Maybe he thinks fans will completely turn by Pitt next year and he can give himself the head coaching title for the rest of the season. Who knows.
I honestly thought that scenario would play out this year, but could see it being done early next year with a bad starts. Fulmer gonna Barry Alvarez this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back