Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like terrifying.
People can hate and that’s fine. He’s not my first choice, but he literally brought PSU back from the worst scandal in the history of college to get a pro job.

That’s a hell of a coaching job. People need to stop be ignorant. Like I said, not my first choice, but I know coaching when I see it.

This is not just a ho hum investigation here. General counsel of the university is involved. That’s above usual compliance and AD. I believe multiple ppl will be fired for cause and we will have some sort of reprocussion.
If that’s the case, it’s definitely not good news. Pruitt is not the answer and needs to go, but if this is true I don’t believe any good coach will want the job.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
From TOS a random poster, but I believe they took it from their board.
"AU folks that I heard from think Freeze is going to UT. They like Freeze, but feel he’s another Gus and therefore doesn’t provide enough change. They said Venables is scheduled to talk with AD tomorrow at AU. They like Sark a lot....he was always #2 behind Cristobal.
They think Freeze would tell them no if they did pursue because he wants UT. Just some of their rumblings....TIFWIW."

Meyer just turned down 7 years/$84 million at Texas. Campbell would only come here if he were offered silly money too. Tennessee doesn't do that.
If all we want is someone better than Pruitt, we're beat before we even hire someone.

Edit: this was supposed to be in response to another post; one that said all listed names were better than Pruitt.

Last edited:
Gus makes too much sense. We need to get to a spot where we can consistently win 8 games, and that will make this job much more attractive. Gus will do that easily, maybe even sprinkle in a couple east titles and a playoff appearance.
I 100% agree with this. We can't look for a coach to win us a NC when we can't even stay above .500 on a regular basis. We are losing to Vandy, UK, SC, Mizzu and that's just in of division. Not counting teams from the west that have been "taking a bite out of our ass" on the regular. Let's not even talk about OOC games like GA St or BYU....

Stoops- Would never happen but make the call just to tell him merry Christmas
Freeze- Everyone think he'll have us on probation. Guess what, teams on probation go 3-7, 5-7, 4-8. We are actually so bad we can take this risk unlike Auburn.
Malzhan- see the opening to this post. Is he going to win us a natty. No. Is he a stabilizer when we need one? Yes.
Napier- I think he has to be the floor. There maybe other coaches I left put above but Napier has to be the floor.

Do not hire:
Franklin, Obrien, Chadwell...

But first we need to fire CJP.... Where are we at with this guys/gals?

Chadwell or Napier would come here in a hurry. Both would be decent hires if we struck out on our top names.
I think the biggest problem would be that they would want to bring a lot of their current staff. None of those assistants have any experience recruiting in a Power 5 conference.

People can hate and that’s fine. He’s not my first choice, but he literally brought PSU back from the worst scandal in the history of college to get a pro job.

That’s a hell of a coaching job. People need to stop be ignorant. Like I said, not my first choice, but I know coaching when I see it.
I'd rather him than Gus, all day every day..

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
You guys do know we’re not getting one of our top candidates right? Only a few guys would come into this sh!t show. So many things wrong with UT football. The media in Knoxville is garbage and you have boosters pulling in different directions. It’s a Fd up gig right now.

Hey somebody take this guys name down. He is bring catboneness in here. We are trying to break the curse.

After 4 coaching searches that came up short, I am all out of ideas. Wait, we aren't even officially in a coaching search. 😷

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back